The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » favorite opener? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
What do you use as an opener. I believe that you have to do an impressive one, but not your very best. I Always start off with
"that's it!" or borrow a cigarette to show something with their cigarette that gets their attention. What do you do as an opener? Smile
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
615 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
I assume you're speaking of a "card" opener (not sure where the cigarette thing came from).

I like "Now Look Here" by Chad Long. An astounding miracle that also teaches them to keep a closer eye on me.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
I do a mentalism effect with CHaSeD order, it is very strong and the order is lost at the end so I can go onto an even stronger climax. I read somewhere that once a spectator has been fooled once they take less convincing in future effects - in other words a more simple and direct effect afterwards will play just as strong. I do biddle.

Smile
IanB
View Profile
Regular user
Derby
190 Posts

Profile of IanB
My opener almost 100% of the time is Larry Jennings "Close-Up Illusion" from Louis Falanga's book "Lake Tahoe Card Magic".

For some reason it is a real magician fooler as well as a layman stunner.

Do yourself a favour ... give it a try !! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » favorite opener? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL