The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sticky olympic question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I am watching diving and some have pink giant band aid things on their back and also some track people have black or other color stick on things. Are those releasing like ben gay or something or does it support muscles? Some are pretty odd looking.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
I'm reminded of walking into our break room at work this last week and seeing a small group gathered, watching a bunch of people play an olympic sport that appeared to be reverse soccer- you could use your hands, and the goalie actually stuck his leg up to block a shot on the goal. Not a single person had a clue what it was.

I looked it up online (doing a direct google search for "what sport is soccer with hands") and it turns out it's team handball, aka "Olympic Handball". After letting the co-workers who were watching know, I went back to my desk, helpfully interjecting "team handball!" every time I heard someone else walk into the break room and say, "What the hell sport is this?"
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Team handball? So I should enter "sticking things to girls"?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
First using sticking pink asian girl was darn neat.

It seems they are useless patches some athletes believe effects their bones and muscles. Basically like little magnets are a con.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 23:50, MagicSanta wrote:
I am watching diving and some have pink giant band aid things on their back and also some track people have black or other color stick on things. Are those releasing like ben gay or something or does it support muscles? Some are pretty odd looking.

The same tape was in evidence at the Euro Cup this year, which is when I started to notice it. It was developed 30+ years ago in Japan, and is the 'new' old thing. For some reason, it recently became really popular, a fad.

No one knows what it really does ... Sure, some say it helps the muscles or gives support ... A lot of people think it is just a placebo type thing that gives an athlete a mental edge.

Here is an article that says it works

http://www.ministryofsoccer.org/2012/06/......players/

Here is one saying it is basically all in an athlete's mind

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/7391200/S......ebo-plus
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I haven't seen them but they are probably energy patches. They are supposed reduce fatigue by stimulating accupressure points. The only reason I know this is that the Saints used them in their superbowl year along with special mouth guards that were supposed to adjust the jaw and bring the back into proper alignment and now many other teams and athletes are using them.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The Saints need to hang a dead crow that was dipped in a stream running South to Norty from their face guards.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
If it worked, I guarantee everyone else would be doing as well.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Okay, a decathalon guy had sticky things on and the announcer says he isn't hurt he just wants to keep his muscles okay. The athlete turns around and amazingly the best placement is the patch cut into olympic rings.

How long before you can buy these on tv for $19.99?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sticky olympic question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL