The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Any reviews on "How to Make a Six Figure Income Doing Kid Shows" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
No one is talking about price fixing. This subject has gone way way off the subject.

The exact magician charging two people, schools or businesses in the same town different prices (not travel fees, holiday fees or different shows) because you don't have a set price you charge what you feel you can get away with. My friends many magicians do this and have been trained to do this! As I stated there are even classes on how to get away with this.

$75 an hour or $500 an hour who cares what you charge that is totally legal and ethical regardless how high or low it is. You hourly rate is your rate. No one is questioning that.

BUT changing your price based on your mood, what you think you can or can't get, how desperate they are, how busy or slow you are this week compared to another week, how successful they or the business is or a feeling of a client or customer is wrong immoral and illegal.

In any other business you would be in serious trouble doing this. Electricians... Plumbers.. HVAC whatever
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
When an agent calls me up with a job offer I always tell them the same price "how much do you think they are willing to pay?".

To know about how much most of the magicians in your area charge is not exactly price fixing.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Quote:
On 2012-09-05 09:39, Dennis Michael wrote:
A friend of mine (ours) who lives in Austrialia came to The KIDabra Conference and asked how she can reduce the number of shows. She charged $75.00 and got so much business she couldn't handle it. We suggested she double her price. We were wrong. She doubled her price and got twice as much work she had to hire others to meet the demand.

Supply and demand have a lot to do with price, as well as word of mouth.
Not a whole lot to add here, but this is very, very, very true. Actually, Larry, would probably agree to this, but in our area, I've never heard of anyone charging just 75, but they wouldn't be doing many shows is my assumption. People would equate it to lack of experience, however, Dennis is right, supply and demand come first, become a well known, and you set the rules, word of mouth is King.
I got into discussions with people when I started that said that daycares were only paying 150-200, says who? I charge 3-350 for them, breaking the standard rules in our industry is not a bad thing. Great points Dennis.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Btw, Dennis, I just re-read my post, and I hope it didn't come across as me saying that your friend is inexperienced for charging that-didn't mean it that way. I was just trying to say that in my particular area, the assumption would be that the people charging 300 should be the way to go, because it's a materialistic thing, I guess.

However, the people charging 300 dollars are only charging and getting that because of the word of mouth that you talked about, etc. I hope to meet ya sometime, buddy, I always enjoy your positivity, and enthusiasm for our craft.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
She wasn't a magician, but now does magic in her act, as well as puppets.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Any reviews on "How to Make a Six Figure Income Doing Kid Shows" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL