The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Grand Illusion Surrounded (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Randomness to riff off of here.
Watching Peter Gabriel Secret World Live here in my office. I know Copperfield did the tornado of fire surrounded for TV. Those not familiar with the Peter Gabriel show, from a bird's eye view its set in an arena the stage is a dumbbell shape
with a long piece in-between the two ends, the rest of the audience surrounds all areas except for upstage of the first dumbbell. (can see some here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6sbqXckFZs) (this is a great concert by the way)
What I was thinking beyond the obvious major expense to tour and travel with: lets say with a rock and roll concert budget: (ala U2, Rolling stones, Peter Gabriel), what Illusions would you perform?

My daydream was this sort of a hybrid Copperfield Show like Tornado of Fire but touring: dumbbell shaped stage Start the show from the way way downstage portion surrounded by people. (like the secret world stage), Start with Elevator.
Would be wicked to see it like that. What kinds of things would you like to see in this environment (remember: has to be tourable, be able to perform surrounded: and your dealing with a concert level of budget)

Just for fun guys. Ready: go.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Grand Illusion Surrounded (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL