The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Help With Harnesses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Kune
I recently came up with a new suspension that I'd like to add to my show, however it requires a custom harness, and unfortunately my knowledge on the subject isn't as thorough as I'd like.

1. Are there any books or DVDs with details on the different types of harness designs?
2. Who would you recommend going to to get a custom harness built? (I need something similar to Impaled, but preferably with more support).
3. How do you normally go about making sure it's the right size for your assistant?

Thanks very much!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Contact John Gaughan.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I second that!
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Or Eric & John & EDF..
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Kune
Thanks for the advice!! Would it also be worth contacting Peter Gossamer to see if he makes custom harnesses?

I don't suppose there are any books or such that have a lot of detail on harnesses? I just wish I knew more so whoever I go to, I can ask them for the right thing.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If you can get a hold of John Gaughan, he's the man. There is a reason David Copperfield had him design "Flying" for him. That's all I can say.

Doug
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
Kune,
The "Gossamer" is another creation than Impaled.
So it's better to contact Gaughan, Owen's or EDF, who made many Impaled-illusions,
so they have much experience with it.

Sorry Dougini,
The route is: John Gaughan CREATED "Flying" and offered it then to David Copperfield.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
(agreed, EDF actually made many Of Johnny's illusions as eric & john used to be his builders in-house) Its Likely they worked on flying, and many of the DC props Johnny worked on.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I photographed Richard Kaufman in a "Gaughan Flying Harness" and it was awesome... out in the parking lot behind Gaughan's shop and you could not see the "work."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-08-16 00:39, Pete Biro wrote:
I photographed Richard Kaufman in a "Gaughan Flying Harness" and it was awesome... out in the parking lot behind Gaughan's shop and you could not see the "work."

I was on stage when they tested it. No backdrop, and I was six feet away...NOTHING! Amazing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Help With Harnesses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL