The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What do you use for a prop dump? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2012-08-14 10:53, Ed_Millis wrote:
I like the small pop-open wire frame hamper.
"And now for my next trick ..."
Pop open hamper.
"Save your applause - that wasn't it!"

Ed

I hope you do that in your act, Ed. It's a good bit!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Thanks for posting the bag. I've been using the cheap ones like everybody elses uses but had a new assistant try to carry it by the handle when it was full instead of seeing it was full of large props and just picking it up and carrying it to the car, just an extra trip for him, but the carry handle broke so I just ordered one of the ones in blue...Thanks again for posting good stuff we can all share in.

Bill
http://www.BillWarren3.Com
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I too use the pop open laundry basket. Got it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $8. It came with a free mesh change bag (I had to add the clear plastic in the middle). They called it a laundry bag.

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I use a wood woven hamper with a lid on it.
works fine for me.
Marno
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Marno
I don't use any kind of hamper or plastic tub. I have a black pillow case clamped to the back of my black folding chair; it's hardly noticeable at all. Easy to toss stuff in and gather it all up at the end of the show. This has worked so well over the years that I have never even considered any sort of replacement.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
These guys will make any size laundry container you want.. Wanna put your logo on it? They can do it? Wanna make your own illusion contact these guys:

http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-leads/2......ket.html
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
I perform out of a suitcase atop of a keyboard x stand. As I use a prop, I put it back into it's approximate place in the case. That way my reset time is minimized as I break down and head to another show. A separate prop dump wouldn't work well for me.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I use a Vaultz Case for my main "Drop" station. Their are certain routines that I do that require their own. For one routine I use a pop-up hamper, and for one I even use a metal trash can. (It goes along with the storyline of the routine, so it works perfect. For another, I use a black, Tupperware-type box. I also use 2 different umbrellas for silk-catching for at least 2 of my routines, so I guess umbrellas should be included too. I don't know who came up with that idea, but I got it from General Grant. And by the way, with the umbrellas I have a specific, and different umbrella for each routine that matches the color and/or theme of the routines. My hamper also matches the color scheme of the routine I use it in. The Vaultz and Tupperware cases are black, which matches my tables. Not only do they look better and match, but I think it makes them a little less conspicuous.
Mister Mystery
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Try the laflinmagicstore.com. Look under performance equipment for the utility drop box. Looks flashy & folds up flat. I use one for some of my smaller shows.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I use one of my flight cases to dump some of my props - but as I produce loads of snakes, toss magic wands over my head, and generally create a crazy mess, the floor is my main prop dump!

My backdrop is also very handy - I toss stuff over my shoulder, it hits the backdrop and slides safely to the floor. With all the practise I've had, I can usually get my breakaway wands and other stuff to get hooked on the curtain tie-backs. Sometimes stuff gets caught in the decorative piece of fabric that runs along the top of the curtain.

For family shows, I also use the tie-backs to display balloon models, which are given as prizes to my helpers.

As you can tell, I like to give the impression of a very messy, chaotic show. By the end of it, there are all kinds of things lying around, hanging from the curtains, etc. And usually, my shirt has come untucked, and I look as messy as the set!

Potty
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Hmmm.. perhaps I should make a GIANT one of these.. how about one fill sized?

http://www.wackomagic.com/wackomagic/Tin......can.html

It would be beautiful.. but hard to carry around.

or you could use one of these!! I only have one left..

http://www.wackomagic.com/wackomagic/Ess......ble.html
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
For smaller shows normally a hat - I have a top hat mounted on a magic stand. Other times I use the card fan to appearing hat and then use that as a dump stand.

For big shows I have the Victory Cubes I can use.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
A garbage can for my class act.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
LOL
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Don't Laugh Mike there is that 12 week topic a little further down and the guy recommends you use a garbage can for your props and as a table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What do you use for a prop dump? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL