The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Have you been asked.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I performed pg and luna today and it went really well. it went so well in fact one of the people that was sitting a little ways away from the performance area came up to me after my show and asked....how much do you charge to do a séance in someones home.
not really thinking about it I \asked what type of séance they wanted? the lady looked at me like I had two heads and stated y....." The one you use to talk to the spirits what other kinds are their?"

it took me a minute to realize she was actually talking about a real séance not an entertainment show. it took me a second to form a reply.... I told her, I'm sorry but I only perform entertainment séances not the real thing.

as hard as I tried she wouldn't buy it. she walked out not believing that what I did was just a show and not a real life paranormal event. I'm flattered really I am but..... how do you handle sitters that believe it no matter what you say to try and be honest with them?

this lady wasn't even in the audiance but with another group away from my performing area.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Yes, and it's quite embarrassing because you don't want to offend anyone's beliefs or feelings.
I just politely decline and say I don't have the strength, and besides sometimes personal contacts are best left alive I the memory of the living as joyous, happy times past.

The most amusing was being asked to help the police on a murder investigation (I kid you not!).
[
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Docsteve lol yes I can see where that would be a hard thing to respond to.

this lady doesn't want to contact a friend from what I gather she wants to rid her house of spooks that are having a bit of fun with her belongings.

it is amazing how persistent they are in believing that we can actually help them. it makes me feel bad to tell them no.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I would not tread,on someone's grounds, to do a... Exorcism !

Leave,that for the pros...a Priest !

You,may just pi$$ off the Spooks,and make things worse!

I,had a woman,that took my 'Sadie',home with her! She,had all kinds of things,start to happen at home! I,had a hell of a time,trying to convince her...Sadie,would not harm her, but would play,little games with you!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
I think I need to start performing for older folks. Young people, specifally those of univiersity age are usually very skeptical..
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Actually I perform for a wide age range as I'm performing 4 times a week lun@ plays for high school and up, sanctum performs very well for the same age ranges. if you want to add a little more strength just have a couple decks of tarot for some reason just having them gives you lot of believability for most people as they all know what they are.
vanitywilde
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of vanitywilde
Michael,

I made a similar post before. I don't know if you read it but, I felt that it started a good conversation on seance ethics when we are asked to make personal and private contact with loved one. All of the people here had wonderful suggestions and made excellent comments.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14

Vanity
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Yes I just read it. great topic and guidance there. if you have not done so you may wish to try a old out of print book called
have séance will travel. by brother shadow. from my perspective that séance is exactly what is needed in that situation.
as it takes the sitters into their own mind and helps them make a personal contact with a passed loved one.
vanitywilde
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of vanitywilde
Yeah, Michael, everyone did a really good job in that thread. I will definately be on the lookout for Have Seance Will Travel. It sounds like it will be a good read.

Gracias!

Vanity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Have you been asked.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL