The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Vanishing Matrix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Conn
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Doug Conn
I'm interested in what's "out there" as far as a 'Vanishing Matrix' (coins vanishing from beneath cards.)

I'm familiar with the Mike Gallo's method (included with his Siamese Coin Gimmick / set) but that's about it.

I'm looking for a stand-up method... but would love any suggestions/info.

Thanks,
Doug Conn
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Doug,
The only handling I have in print is a set down handling (Coinjurering 1987 – Fourgone.) There will be a handling or 2 in hardbound hopefully coming out some time next year (cross your fingers!)
I have a few more handlings that are not in print yet!
If you ever make it to F.F.F.F. I will show them to you!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
jimbo
View Profile
New user
Jimbo
12 Posts

Profile of jimbo
Doug,

Bob Chesbro has a version in his book The Tipnician.

J
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Dean Dill has a great version on his new DVD set.
Tony Chapparo
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You could take my Three Ahead version in Apocalypse and use it to make all the coins vanish with just a small addition of 'something.'
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
I'm pretty sure I saw Shoot Ogawa perform one at last year's London McMillan convention but I don't know if it's in print or not.
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Deans is good. I’m working on my own that will most likely be slightly complicated to do. But if you’re looking for a great one, I would go with Deans.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
I saw Armando jam with Paul Harris two years ago. Paul asked Armando the same question. Within 2 minutes Armando created a vanishing matrix. People started almost crying after that. It's not fair...

No, it is not published.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Doug Conn
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Doug Conn
Thanks to all for the info.

Jon, do you remember which Apocalypse "Three Ahead" is in?

Also:
I heard Shoot has a Matrix tape. Can someone tell me where I can purchase this (and/or if the vanishing matrix is on there.)

Thanks again,
Conn

P.S. To Dave (Neighbors) or anyone else who can help. Re: FFFF Tell Obie to send me an invite. I'll be there. I've been (patiently) waiting for YEARS!
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Me too Doug! Hey if you get an invite can I go with you?
I think we might be able to convince Jim Zachary to give us an invite. (Just don't do the paddle move for him!)
Later,
Jason
Doug Conn
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Doug Conn
Lol!

Re: Paddle move
I should have known that was a "trick" question (no pun intended.) Though, I think my exhibition of 'the slop shuffle' got him back on my good side.

Anyway, if I get an invite, I'll point them your way. Your chops are GREAT and a nicer magi-guy would be harder to come by. You'd be a SUPERB addition to any magi-gathering. (Speaking of which, I hope I'll see you at TSD 5.)

Now… back on topic:

Where can I get Shoot's Matrix video???
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Doug,
I forgot about the one I have in my book “Freshly Minted” (1998) pg. 9-13… It's a progressive matrix! 1. Abstract assembly (i.e. the coins appear
under the 4 cards! 2. An instant assembly! 3. Instant vanish! (A stand-up vanishing matrix!)

P.S. I sent you A P.M. About 4F!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Dean Dill's vanishing matrix is really good. Not only do the coins vanish but the cards are blank too.
Daniel Faith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Vanishing Matrix (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL