The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big Orange Head (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Man walks into a bar and pauses: at the other end of the bar, there's this guy with a big orange head. Just kind of sitting there, mooning into his drink. So the man asks the bartender, "Say, what's up with the guy with the big orange head?" And the bartender says, "It's an interesting story. Buy him a drink and maybe he'll tell it to you."

So the man walks over and introduces himself and offers to buy a round. The guy with the big orange head says, "Yeah, I'll bet you want to know the story, huh?" To which the man replies, "Sure, if you don't mind."

The man with the big orange head sighs and says, "You know, I've gone over it in my mind a million times. Basically, it's like this: I was walking along the beach one day, when I stubbed my toe on something. I looked down, and there was an antique brass lamp. I picked it up and dusted it off a little -- when all of a sudden this enormous genie pops out!

"The genie thundered, 'You have released me from my ten-thousand year imprisonment, and I am in your debt. I will grant you three wishes as a token of my gratitude.'

The man at the bar is agape. The guy with the big orange head continues: "So I said, 'Wow, okay. Well, my first wish is to be fantastically wealthy.'

"The genie says, 'Your wish is granted.' And all of a sudden I have rings on my fingers and a crown on my head, and my wallet is full of money and a dozen ATM cards and the deed to a mansion in the hills -- I mean, I was loaded!

"So I said, 'Amazing! Okay, for my next wish , I want to be married to the most beautiful woman in the world.'

"The genie says, 'Your wish is granted.' And the ocean parts, and out walks this gorgeous woman in this beautiful dress, and she takes my hand and we fall in love and the genie marries us right there. It was incredible.

"The genie booms, 'You have one wish remaining.'"

The man with the big orange head pauses and sips his beer. He says, "Now, you know, this may be where I went wrong. I wished for a big orange head.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
LOL!!!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
For those who care about such things, this joke (starting with a version told by Eddie Gorodetsky, comedy writer and producer) and its analysis (why some find it funny and others do not) comprises a significant entry in "My Mind and Welcome To It" by Gordon Bressack (comedian, comedy writer):

http://www.amazon.com/My-Mind-Welcome-To......bressack
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
THis joke got me in trouble at working. Nothing like sitting alone in my office, lauging so hard while I am suppose to be making phone calls to customers. Boss was not too thrilled, and did not like the joke
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hilarious!
But I can think of two people in my house who, if I told it would look at me as if I had a big orange head.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I found it funny because it was undeniably the LAST punch line I expected. Unfortunately, that likely means I am no longer a virgin to such a ploy. If I was to ever read another joke that ended in the same manner, I have little doubt it would flatline. I suppose you'll soon find me ordering battery-operated joke toys that come delivered in a plain brown wrapper, just to get my funny bone off. Dang...
~michael baker
The Magic Company
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Given its low price of $2.99 (not to mention the Kindle refund policy, just in case you don't like it), I encourage y'all to check out Gorodetsky's book mentioned above. Not only do you get a couple of variations and anecdotes about the Big Orange Head joke, but you get a few other keepers to boot.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-08-15 21:05, balducci wrote:
Given its low price of $2.99 (not to mention the Kindle refund policy, just in case you don't like it), I encourage y'all to check out Gorodetsky's book mentioned above. Not only do you get a couple of variations and anecdotes about the Big Orange Head joke, but you get a few other keepers to boot.

I put it on the Kindle shortly after reading your earlier post. Looking forward to it.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Then my work here is done.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Reminds me of the "purple" jokes my friends used to tell in high school.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2012-08-15 21:14, critter wrote:
Reminds me of the "purple" jokes my friends used to tell in high school.

Ours was "No soap radio".

But, Big Orange Head... wasn't that William Shatner's character on Third Rock From The Sun?

:)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
So...I tried telling this joke yesterday, and no one laughed. Family. They just don't get me.

I'll try it again in class when the new semester starts.

Personally, it makes me laugh even now, three days after Andy started this thread.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 22:33, stoneunhinged wrote:
So...I tried telling this joke yesterday, and no one laughed. Family. They just don't get me.

Personally, it makes me laugh even now, three days after Andy started this thread.

Ummm...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/85608......try.html
~michael baker
The Magic Company
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I would have bet my life against a dollar that Stone's wife wouldn't laugh.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I don't get it. Now, the slightly deaf genii and the man who ended up with a 12 in. pianist... now THAT one I got.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 22:33, stoneunhinged wrote:

don't feel bad, I have also tried telling this joke and failed. I still find it to be hilarious.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Well I finally got the courage to tell the joke to my son and wife (at separate times).
Responses:
1) My son burst out laughing.
2) Mrs. Landmark shook her head and said that that was a sad, sad story.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I finally realized that it was a joke: he should have asked for something else; something better.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:

But, Big Orange Head... wasn't that William Shatner's character on Third Rock From The Sun?

"B-b-b-b-incoming message from the Big Orange Head..."
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I sent this to a friend... he said he liked it, but commented that it was the Dada equivalent of a joke. Fair analogy.

To me, it's like The Three Stooges, you either get it or you don't.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big Orange Head (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL