The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Thank you note. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
Hello,

Suggestion: when you make a donation to the magic café it would be nice if you got sent a "thank you"-PM.

Kind regards,

/Stromberg
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4813 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Stromberg,

Since you have apparently sent a donation, then I certainly want to sincerely thank you! Smile

Most folks probably don't know this but when donations to the Café are made I have no knowledge of it because all the donations go to my tech people Gene and Mary - I never actually see the donations. I figure they do so much to help that they should receive the moola - not me.

I hope this adds clarity to the issue. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
Yes indeed, I think the guys behind the scenes are doing a tremendous job and deserve all thanks they can get. That, in fact, is one of the reasons I wanted to make a donation. The other being that I really enjoy the site and believe it offers a great service and resource for magicians of all ilks. So I just made the donation as a small gesture of my gratitude.

That said, in case you're not bogged down by an extreme amount of donations Smile a simple acknowledgment that the funds have been received would be nice, wouldn't it?
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
You can see in your paypal account if funds have been successfully transferred.

I'm sure everyone appreciates donations, but its a bit of a time drain (not to mention a fun-block) for the tech staff to read their email, send a message to Steve with details of the donation, then Steve take the details out of the email and write another email to the donor saying thank-you personally, and then no doubt having to deal with chit-chat.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3975 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I would imagine it could be done in a way considerably more streamlined than that Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Thank you note. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL