The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Carnival Of Secrets - Scryer/Webster (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I didn't get the book yet, but I have to agree that when in NYC, you have to get yourself some Gray's Papaya hot dogs. Get Gray's Papaya, not Papaya Dog or Papaya Gray - Gray's Papaya.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
I erroneously posted this elsewhere, and at Paul Shirley's suggestion, I am reposting it here:

Finally had an opportunity to really dive into the "Carnival" book. Am up to page 53. Two of Neal's effects, "Three Objects Over the Phone" and "Pendulum Svengali," are dynamite. I don't know where this guy gets his ideas, but I'm glad that he's willing to share his real work with us. Don't know if it's true, but I've been given to believe that each copy has been cleverly encrypted in such a way as to deter any attempts at pirating.
timlic
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham
120 Posts

Profile of timlic
I bought my copy from Steven's Magic Emporium... Anyone know if it's been released from there yet?
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Quote:
On 2012-08-30 06:43, Jonathan100 wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-29 19:16, Adam Hince wrote:
Just arrived today, direct from Richard. Haven't had a chance to get into it yet, but looking forward to it this evening.

Regards,
-AH

I was under the impression that it was shipping through Lulu.

Ordered from Richard/The Deceptionary. Shipped via Lulu.

So far, great read.

-AH
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I was honoured to again be asked to typeset this amazing book so was able to read it way before it went to press. I have to tell you the Haunted Pen is one of the top releases from Neal. It is something I've been doing since I read it and really is very strong!!! I think the Lennon Seance could have been a book by itself.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
KRMarlo
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
7 Posts

Profile of KRMarlo
Discovering Richard's work has been one of the greatest finds I've had in ages. This material is no different at all.

I'm glad I popped into Tannen's today! I've been terribly busy, out of the loop, and under the impression this wasn't around til September. Today was a save, and a beauty.

The coin bend makes me very happy I held off on dropping the cash on a Quantum, and the Lennon seance.....wow!!!

Beautiful material, beautifully bound! (now if only he would re-release the Little Black Book in this format, lol! Dare to dream).
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
WOW Great reviews guy! I can't wait to receive mine!!!!!! Smile
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Received my copy yesterday...

As always, with Neal's material.... the presentations come first. Method second.

This is a book full of classic methods... with some beautiful presentations. As with all other Scryer material... it will take a few reads to pick up on some of the fantastic subtleties that I KNOW I have already missed with a few of the pieces.

Old school mentalism at its finest folks.

.... and some wonderful contributions from a few friends thrown in for good measure.

9/10 (I knocked 1 point off because the book is dedicated to Finley...... and not me!) Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Got mine today - only read the first 25 pages or so...love the paper ball thing, and the reading system on page 21 is excellent...not mentioning it by name cos it says to keep it low on the radar...

looking forward to reading more tomorrow night...
I've asked to be banned
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Mine finally arrived, Reading it now...its good solid working man stuff form what I have already read and its getting even better.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
There are so many subtleties in the performances that really just take the work to a new level!
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Which might those be Atlas if you don't mind sharing.
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
Atlas will include them in the comprehensive report he is preparing.
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
I've had to lay the book aside for a while, but resumed reading it last night. Really some wonderful material in it. I especially like Neal's "Paper Balls" routine (which I expect to perform tomorrow evening); there's also an excellent twist on using the Psycards deck by Mark Garetz, entitled "A Reader's Story," which I found very useful. This is a book to be savored slowly.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I performed Paper Balls last night for a bride at the end of her reception when they were cleaning up the hall. She was blown away, especially since it was a chance meeting.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
All the material is so beautiful that you can have a full repertoire only with this book!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Would you say that the mentalism content is higher end than in Scryer and Friends or much the same? How about the readings?
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Both works are great! It really depends on what your in to. I found the new book just as interesting as the first three. There is some great stuff in each of Neal's works. I'm just wondering what next from his brilliant mind.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On 2012-09-15 19:54, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
Both works are great! It really depends on what your in to. I found the new book just as interesting as the first three. There is some great stuff in each of Neal's works. I'm just wondering what next from his brilliant mind.

Yes, absolutely! Smile
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I'll have to take a more serious look at it. I did enjoy Scryer and Friends. Problem is there is so much in that one, I still continually refer to it and don't feel the need of another volume yet but eventually I will no doubt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Carnival Of Secrets - Scryer/Webster (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL