The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Table with hidden well (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Do any of you use a table like this.
I recently aquired one and would like
to try a routein with it.are there any
good information for this type of effect.
todd
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I do not know the dimensions of the well. You can probably use it to make a 4 foot magic wand. You can use it to ditch a TT, Hank Ball, Spring Flower Holder or other small item. You can use it to make a long length rope appear to use for an effect.

You might want to show an empty box. Place the box 4 feet away from the table. Place a silk in a small drinking glass. Put the glass inside of a paper bag on the top of the table. Make sure the bag is in the right spot. Also have a h*** in the bottom of the bag. Take your hand out the bag. Crumble the bag up to show the silk and glass has vanished. Reach into the box to pull out the glass with silk.

Show your hands empty. Put one hand on top of the right spot on the table in a fist position, thumb facing upwards. With your other hand pull a large silk or a lot of small silks tied together from the well as your other hand stays in place on the table in a fist position. Use either a black thread or a thin clear fishing line tied to the corner of the silk so you can make a loop to put your thumb thru to make the pull.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Those are some great ideas dynamike thanks
todd
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3471 Posts

Profile of Julie
Position a wand so it's across the well.

Cover a Fantasio Candle with a silk handkerchief.

Do your secret stuff and go south with the candle when you pick up the wand.

Julie
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2126 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
It wou;ld make a nice place to stash a hi-powered fan for the snowstorm effect
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
323 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I'm pretty sure your talking about this Table.As you can see,I use two of them.Many,many Effects can be done with this Table,..some as Dynamike suggested or when I use a Phantom Tube or Square Circle,you can hook-up to more Production Items such as a String of Candy or Silks,...the possiblities are endless.
Oh,by the way,this is my typical Set-up for a Show.(The Backdrop isn't pulled all the way out,because we were still pulling tables out of the room behind the door)Hope this helps,Mike

Click here to view attached image.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2407 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I use my "Black Art Table" to ditch the bubble for the solid bubble effect,
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I have used this sort of table for my Brooster the Rooster trick. A special something needs to be discarded at some point.
The trick one of those chimney type, mis-made thingies.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of noland
Charlie Miller put out a pamphlet, published by Magic, Inc., called "Black Art Well Tricks" that contains many ideas for the use of a black art table. You might be able to get a copy of the book from Magic, Inc. or one of the second hand magic book dealers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Table with hidden well (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL