The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Cups and balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
It is really hard to be unique and original with a trick that is over a thousand years old ... this is my best effort, looking forward to seeing where I take it over the next couple of years.

Filmed live on the Barefoot Landing Boardwalk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF5g3vgNoCY

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
Top notch. Entertaining, magical and fun. A pleasure to watch.
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
What I enjoyed MOST about that was it wasn't Gazzo's. I get so sick and tired of seeing his routine performed by everyone! The cups are one of my favorites and I think you did it very well. Fast paced and full of energy. The audience loved the Ray Charles line. Nice hit on that! I was never bored and didn't know what was coming next. Great job!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Lots of good moments in their. I love the open handed lemon vanish near the end and all the extra lemon loads.
Plus the corny jokes which are my favorite. I think all magicians have a weakness for those type of jokes.
Good stuff!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment, I really appreciate the feedback.

I too like that it's not Gazzo's ... I've been told that magicians are judged by how well they do cups and balls, so I spent a lot of time thinking about my routine. I knew it would be hard to be unique and original with a trick that was over a thousand years old, so I figured the best way to do so was with the patter.

This is still new, the vanishing lemon has been smoothed out a lot ... all the final loads have been smoothed out actually. Being as how school has started, I doubt I'll get a better taping before summer is out ... but very much looking forward to next year!

-JoeJoe
arvin
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of arvin
Very nice! superb handling. I like the lemon climax!
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I loved the routine. It's very hard to be original. I do mine silent, not much harder to misdirect. As been said before, the lemon vanish is nice.

Tommy wonder does one too in his show, and I'm still trying to figure that one out.
ViolinKing
View Profile
Veteran user
a loyal user has no more than
307 Posts

Profile of ViolinKing
I worry that the Ray Charles joke loses its potential from having everything up front.

"When Ray Charles Saw this trick"

versus
"When I showed this to Ray Charles he couldn't believe his eyes."

It seems like people explode too easily at that line. The second wording lets you get a little bit more into it before it 'clicks.'

Or "When he saw this trick, Ray Charles couldn't believe his eyes."

~Nick
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
That explosion is out of the normal, mostly because kids have no idea who he is. Usually, a few older people chuckle and I look up and say "I'm glad someone here got that one". Sometimes I overhear someone having to explain "he's blind" to someone else. Smile

But the explosion was nice ... they left a very nice tip in the hat. Smile

-JoeJoe
Magicien Melkior
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Magicien Melkior
A pleasure to watch this video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Cups and balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL