The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Expect and enjoy the unexpected (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Yesterday I shared at a 68th Anniversary Luncheon.

Although I was asked to be there to "entertain the grandchildren", all the family really got into it. About 5 minutes into my program, I noticed some military personal in the back of the room. I came to a stopping place and welcomed them. They did a heart filled presentation for Bob who served in WWII.

I got a kick out of watching him point out the errors in the model of the battleship he was presented.

To bring the audience back into the mindset of my show, I brought out my grandfather puppet and had him say the pledge of allegiance.(to the flag)

In my younger years, it would have been difficult to handle this interuption.
These days, I know my programs are not about me.

Be safe, well and creative.

Harris aka dr laugh
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Well done Harris. One of the biggest problems of our current society is the lack of humility and the lost art of being humble. Egos seem to be the driving factor of modern man's very exsistence. When performing at a show, no one is more important than the client.
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
E.G.O....

someone told me this was "Edging God Out".

When I am all wrapped up with me, I am a very small package...(a quote from somewhere)

My nearly normal wife, came up with, When I am all wrapped up with me, I'm overdressed.

Harris
still too old to know it all
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Amen to all said above!

T.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
A side note(G7) on the above incident,was when I shared it with my 91 year old father in law. What a blessing we have with our "senior" family members, friends and fellow entertainers. At a recent training conference for entertainers, I learned much from the novices as well as those that have been around.

One gentleman started to do a rope routine with 3 ropes. Some said quietly..professors nitemare. When he started tying the ropes into loops some said...linking ropes....
I was pleasantly surprised when the ropes became one long rope.

Our Ring 129 has several members who are in the Order of Merlin. There is much gold in their sharing.

Be safe, well and creative.

Harris
staying green to grow and to see glimpses of real magic
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jason Johnson
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
50 Posts

Profile of Jason Johnson
I've never heard that EGO line before, but I like it. I'm also not an experienced enough magician to alter my routine that much, so kudos to you!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My work with an improvisational troupe is one of the most valuable tools in the kit.

As a musician, song writer and ventriloquist is is fun to see what I can do on the fly.(no not 3 fly)

During my workshop on Improvisation at a recent trainging conference, I had a couple of volunteer come up. They were picked because one was a singer while the other confessed to not being very good at it.(I fall in the second category) We created a blues song based on the nursery rhymes that they picked. It was one of the highlights of my portion of classes.

Whose line is it....(yours of course!)

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Expect and enjoy the unexpected (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL