The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mickey Silver/Retention video clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
What happened no Smiley Faces
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Sooooo...how about that new Neil Young album? Round up the baby boomers and get to rallying behind that!! It's just what we need...AND it ROCKS. http://www.hyfntrak.com/neilyoung2/AFF23130/
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Well, how do you define best coin man, Vinny? I would not hesitate to say that Mickey is by far the best in the world at what he does. Then again, I've never seen him do a coins across or use an okito box.

Besides, it's not the coin magic that makes me respect Mickey so. He's truly the nicest magician that I've ever met. I mean, he has that mischevious and energetic energy down to an art. He reminds me more of a lepracaun than any human I've ever seen.

By the way, way back there someone spoke of a gaffed coin, painted on one side. The first time I met Mickey he did his little thing and then dropped the coin in my palm. I oooohhed and ahhhhed at it. It was an old silver coin that he had polished. Really pretty. When he told me it was only worth about $10-20 it got me into coin collecting.

For me this is the bottom line - Mickey is a gem of a fella, humble, happy, energetic, fun to be around. I like him for who he is first - the fact that he's an amazing magician is a distant second.

If you have been lucky enough to spend time with him you will absolutely agree. There's no arguing that.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I might start a "Who's a Leprechaun?" thread. Smile Got a few around, I'd say.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
RIKBROOKS,Mickey not only can do coins across or okito box or three fly which he calls Spit Fly,ect.....However I have never seen anyone do what he does,,not even Slydini or Goshman......
several years ago at the magic castle Mickey demonstrated his one signed coin thru the table, as the coin went thru his hand was opened and was empty the coin at the same time fell on the foot under the table of one of the spectators.
and this person said Oh my god,,, I don't belive what just happened.
and it was the same signed coin.....
vinny
Come check out my magic.

rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I stand corrected then, Vinny. He may very well be the very best in the world, but with 4 billion people out there, that's a lot of competition.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
He may not be the best on the planet but for me he is......
take care
vinny
Come check out my magic.

rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
You know, Vinny, if you just pulled that brim up just a little on both sides in the front, dipped the front down just an inch or two, then pulled down the back - well, you'd almost have a cowboy hat.

That's a fedora though, ain't it?
rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
I'll be your leprechaun... as for the hat vinny, I thinkyou should fatten the center roll up the edges a tad and then you'd have yourself a derby.
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
Micky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind oh mickey
solidimageartsllc
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
176 Posts

Profile of solidimageartsllc
I learned quite a lot from Mickey's demo DVD, especially his insight on the illusion, without the mechanics getting in the way. He's a pack of Aces in my book. -Dan
Take infinite pain to make something look effortless - Michelangelo
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Dan, I have to agree, that's how I see him in my book too - All aces! Smile
Not to mention, that he's a wonderful guy. There are so many really good magicians out there, some you know and some you don't know. Some are technical whizzes, some have an old bag of tricks that have stood the test of time, some are polished and some are tattered and torn, some have connections, some don't. Some have money, some don't, some are nasty and some are nice...Some have the where-withit-all to explore greatly and find their niche in this thing...Remember there are quite a few Pilot Fish that ride along side the the Great White Sharks. They don't get eaten and provide a service to the shark. Along the way, they themselves become better at what they do and are accepted at the finer tables. Some are enterprising and quite intellectual, others industrious and or prolific. Some are good thinkers and creators, others have great chops and ideas. Some do one thing well, some do a few things pretty good, some just like to watch and enjoy. The one thing that's the same though is the love for this thing, the great interest to pursue it and be a part of it, even to be consumed by it as a way of life. In those ways to me, the way by which in some way we are all somewhat one, is the best way of them all. Glad Mickey is a part of that, as well as all the rest of you. Smile Have a great day.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2006-05-05 10:30, rtclark wrote:
I'll be your leprechaun...

NO you won't.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
LAURIE SOME PEOPLE BEGIN TO SEE MORE DOTS>>>>>>>

I WANT TO SEE YOUR HAPPY fACES
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Y'know, I was thinking what difference does it really make who's the best in the world? I mean, I was watching the NY Coin Guys Magic Seminar and all those guys are tremendous, very talented. And even beyond the intelligensia there,the youngster of the bunch, Kinoai(?) Harbottle is exceptional in his thinking and his abilities. Most would think with such a potpourri of coin talent, how can it be any better...Well, then there's a Mickey Silver, who does something that is unique in its own way, that seems at the moment, he's the only one that does that sort of thing, at least that well. There's guys like Carl Cloutier who is exceptional, and Leonard Green and so many others that are really good, and I didn't mention the goo-gobs of street guys and unknowns out there that can do this stuff as well as anyone can. I was watching the NY Coin Guys and while they are so very good and well-packaged, every one of them...They come across as from the same genre of presentation and application for the most part...I would not categorize them as "exciting." But I would say that Mickey Silver is most definitely exciting to watch perform, what he does is very different...And maybe that's the key point here I'm making, appreciating differences, all of them and the many ways they are presented. I don't think Mickey worries a bit about how good he is or about being the best, he seems to just love doing what he does...And others seem to love it too...I think those are the only real necessary ingredients in these dynamics.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2006-05-06 13:31, Mb217 wrote:
I was watching the NY Coin Guys Magic Seminar and all those guys are tremendous, very talented.

I AGREE. And I've heard great things about Kainoa, too. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27097 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Marion, have you met Kainoa?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2006-05-06 13:31, Mb217 wrote:
he seems to just love doing what he does

Gotta have PASSION. It's what makes the difference, I believe.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Laurie, I think you'd like Kainoa...think he'd like you too.. Smile Besides your most evident beauty and delightful charm, you clearly have a lot in common. Smile

JT, No I haven't met Kainoa in person, but have had wonderful conversations with him here on the forum (actually via PMs). He's extremely helpful and seems like a wonderful guy. I look forward to meeting him one day in my magical travels. Smile

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou, Mb217.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mickey Silver/Retention video clip (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL