The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Mentalism Phone Apps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Do anyone knows of any mentalism apps for smart phones or iPhones? I have "iPredict+". The layperson selects a card from a deck. You hand your cellphone to someone to dial "Christen" the mentalist. She leaves a message with the layperson on what card was selected. The spectator can even call "Christen" from their own phone.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Get the companion app 'Iforce' by Rostami. You won't be sorry.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I'm working on something at the moment using the ideometer response.
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
I'm partial to Mental Killer by Max Krause:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mental-ki......202?mt=8

In addition to cards, you can predict destinations and drawings (you need to purchase add-ons for this).
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
I use http://www.balloonsmagic.com and http://www.isensormagic.com
simple but very good
and I get 33% because they are mine Smile
so I can buy somefood for my kids Smile

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Lior, the Apps look interesting. How about developing them for the Smartphone Android market? Since we don't have to use all of our money buying Apple hardware, we have more to spend on Apps. :>)

John
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
Andy Nyman has an app that I have used for the last year with great results, and have at times repeated it several times without them having a clue about how it works. I've used iForce as well with success (per the recommendation above). I have also used Max Krause's, but have felt that it comes out a bit fake and suspicious; a savvy adult can discern the method.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
There is a copy of the Balloons in Androied. ( somebody copy it with no permission
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
It's weird all of them are made for iphone and almost none for android which hold a massive market share
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Nothing weird about it. Android requires building multiple different versions of you app for each manufacturers's phone. Added build costs, added market costs, lower purchase volume. It is simple math.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
My apps where design and invented before anyone knew about Anndroid
I diid the apps with 2 friends for the fun

Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Quote:
On 2012-08-21 12:19, theinternetguru wrote:
Andy Nyman has an app that I have used for the last year with great results, and have at times repeated it several times without them having a clue about how it works. I've used iForce as well with success (per the recommendation above). I have also used Max Krause's, but have felt that it comes out a bit fake and suspicious; a savvy adult can discern the method.

Nobody should be figuring out the method when you perform this. It all has to do with how you present it. If you want help feel free to PM me. I have fooled countless app developers, iphone store salespeople, engineers etc with this app and none of them had any inkling of what was going on.

Best regards,
Max
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
177 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
I'm working on a new app which namely HandzOff, the app is a stealth app the spectator will never see it, the method is completely new and ingenious I fooled a lot of magiciens developers and engineer with it. I'm an engineer myself and I Fooled myself Smile. its 100% hands off yes you never touch the phone until the trick is over. you can hand the phone to the spectator before you start the trick he unlock it, examine it and lock it again he can even put it in his pocket until the trick is over.
here is the description of the trick :
EFFECT :

This effect is extremely strong and seems unbelievable when described.

The magician shows a deck of card, each cards has a song name writen on it, the magician than make a prediction on his iPhone, lock it and hand it to the spectator. the iphone is REALY LOCKED.
The magician asks a spectator to name a card, ANY CARD, as she names the selected card, the magician remove the selection from the deck and hand it to her.
The magician ask her to unlock the phone and open the Musique app.
The now playing song is the same as the one writen on the selected card.
Now, for the *second* climax. You prove that you knew the card to be selected in advance by asking her to open the photos app and showing the picture of the selected card. It’s the only picture which has a card on it.
Possible to perform it Hands off, the magician never touch the phone.
when you hand the spectator the iPhone, it’s realy locked no fake screen or whatever.
it’s the spectator who unlock the phone, the Music app is real as well as the photos app.
Can be performed anywhere - on stage or just in a living room - well suited to close up conditions.
- No : voice activation, G-sensor or funny swiping motion.
- Very detailed instructions.
- a special screen to practice.
- The spectator will never know that you are using an app.
- The phone can be fully examined.
- The spectator can even check the running app, nothing to suspect.
- An ingenious secret, never used before. That will have people talking about you for a long time.
- Other presentation are possible, only limited by your imagination.
-It can be repeated instantly, reset take only a second.
- Deck not included
- You don't need another iPhone, or help from your friend to perform the trick.
-Support iphone, ipod and ipad running iOS 4.3 and later.

The app has 52 out which can be customized, you can take a picture of stickes which has words or anything the possibility are andless.

Other performance are possible :

-The real princess card trick : its the same plot as the princess card trick with a twist, you show 5 photos of cards there may be some other photos of you or you with the spectator to prove that the pics was there from the beginning. Each pictures has card on it. you ask the spectator to think of one. You tell him that you are going to delete all the pics of the other cards leaving only the one he is thinking of.

-The Bet : you show the spectator a deck of cards, you ask him to think of any cards. you bring your iPhone, you gave it to the spectator and you tell him "I bet you that I can find the cards you are thinking of, and if I don't you can keep my iPhone" then you ask him to check that the phone is a real one and in a good conditions.
you remove one card from the deck and you put it face down on the table , than you ask him to name or write down the card he was thinking of.
you turn the cards and its a blank card that contain a message "your card is on the phone" you instruct him to unlock the phone to find the card he was thinking off in the photos app. For the second climax you bring your wallet you unzip it to find his cards inside the wallet(a special wallet is needed for this)

and lot more...
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I must admit to being suspicious of these smartphone OS market share studies.

I was called last month to take part in one. They asked if I had a smartphone, and I explained that I had two mobile devices running iOS, but neither was a smartphone. They hung up after that.

I seem to have trouble finding a market share study covering mobile devices that aren't phones, strangely.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Dynamike,

I was just watching your Miser's dream performance on YouTube. That must of been fun with the kids throwing "coins" at you.

Thank you Ray Bertrand for your support of iForce.

If you haven't seen my other thread, I'm about to release the final chapter of iPredict called iPredict Pro.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=275&15

I would love to hear your thoughts about pricing and features that you'd like to see in this upcoming product.

I can't wait to release this,
Greg Rostami
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Mentalism Phone Apps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL