The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SPIKER, please don’t read (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
775 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
Wait a minute, guys. Are you telling me she hid in that table??? Great illusion concept. I'm gonna build me one of those.
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 12:50, Scott Kahn wrote:
Wait a minute, guys. Are you telling me she hid in that table??? Great illusion concept. I'm gonna build me one of those.

No. That's where they park the truck used to carry the act.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Lots of funny stuff here. Used same music as Jason Byrne (think that is the name) and the same side to side moves to the music.
Very deceptive illusion...expected 3 girls to appear, and they didn't. Fooled me good.

Darn legals...taking our jobs!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 11:27, Chris Stolz wrote:
Darn, he stole my design for my new sawing...

That might make a better Crystal Casket, if you asked me, But I think it's not quite deep enough.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
That's what she said.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I've never heard comments like that before, ever. Why would she say that to you?
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Swann101
That is a two in one prop guys, he follows the spiker act with the 21 person cabinet illusion.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I LOVE his Temple Screen with dragons on one side and a smiling clown on the other. It just reeks of high class.

Why does the audience wildly applaud when he puts the assistant into the prop???

His base is about at thick as a cruise ship hull, I love deceptive props like this!

Hmmm, wonder if he knows that is music that was composed for McBride’s mask act?

I also appreciated his elegance and smooth movement on stage… do you suppose he’s studied ballet?

Thank you for sharing an …incomparable… performance.

Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Walt

I tried to turn-shut the pen, you gave me, so the ball point retracts.. I tried to figure out how to retract that point for 10 minutes until I realised the point doesn't retract and I needed to pull the cap off the bottom then snap it on the top!

So I'm agreeing with everything you say because - Who am I to argue worth Dragons and Clowns... not to mention unseen APPLAUSE signs that probably blink every 7 seconds and an audience that's happy to be out of the rain... or just happy to be anywhere.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That music, "Éclipse" is from Cirque du Soleil's "Nouvelle Experience" and is waaay overused by magicians.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Hello again guys

I see you are brave. After watching that video I’ve been sick for four days.
After such a brilliant introduction, I was expecting the girl jumping out followed by a troupe of clowns and fire breathing dragons getting out of that box… but that never happened... Smile Smile Smile
Your funny comments have helped like therapy for my mind, I think I can finally sleep now Smile

Real life is magical and never stops amazing us: A few days ago, we had been talking in another Café message about different Spikers as Danny Weiser, Edama or Franz Harary... but THIS version (John Lee) really makes a big, Huge, ENORMOUS difference ... A milestone in magic history! Smile
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
That was truly painful. This is what kills venues for magic when this kind of stuff is foisted on the paying public.
Magic is great
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Magic is great
I just saw this & well............ that is by far THE LARGEST db I have ever seen Smile It amazes me that people actually perform with crap like that - it does absolutely nothing to help out our craft. Just my opinion...
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Since we are talking about the size I wanted to share another video that makes it look small. It is from a tv show here in Canada. You have to get just passed the 14minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-R5jXh060o&feature=relmfu
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
OMG! I think that was larger than my first apartment! Even the kids thought it sucked! Sad!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Here's an interesting thought.

When you pay for the rights to an illusion, you do not get plans, and I do not believe you have to submit your plans or final design.....sooooooo could someone like this actually have the performance rights to the illusion, and have it built?
I've seen this quite often "rights have been paid for".

(When you bought rights for the Zimmer base you actually got plans and ideas for the payment)

B
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SPIKER, please don’t read (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL