The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Ventriloquist Script Course (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Aussie -

I agree that each country has its own style of humor. Anyone who assumes the course teaches a specific style of writing doesn't understand the Master Class - and for that I apologize. The Master Class gives you an in-depth look at the process of developing your own (with emphasis on YOUR OWN) material. That means the material you generate as a result, will be specific to you and your show - your style of humor - not someone else.

Did you join the Master Class? I don't remember seeing your membership come across my desk.

If you have, you should know that you aren't just watching videos. Each of the lessons contain key point copy and a link to a pdf transcription of the video interview, which members can download. So yes, written course material is available if members want to save it to their computer or print it. There are also e-mail discussions and follow ups to spur action on the key points of the interview. The e-mails are now included on a time release page at the site, so everything is in one place for review - and can be saved as well. On video copy - no video on the Internet is safe. I do not provide video downloads, however if a member saves a copy of the video for their own personal use, I have no objection to that.

In regards to product put out by others - I do not believe any, other than Mark Wade's, are specific to script writing. They also provide one person's angle on the subjects covered. The script writing course is designed to provide insights and concepts from multiple professionals on a specific subject.

You talk about how much greater detail the other products provide - have you taken the Master Class?

How long would it take you to watch 3 DVD's? The Master Class immerses you in over a month of script writing processes. It coaches people through those concepts and helps them apply the ideas to their own style of writing and comedy. It is a combination of video and daily follow up that has never been applied to this subject in this manner. The products you mentioned are great - but comparing them to the Master Class is apples and oranges.

Finally, to answer your concerns about the web site going down or access being pulled - I am committed to keeping the course on-line and available. We have multiple backups of the videos, course and membership, in different locations both on and off-line. Since it was released in March, we've had over 900 people go through the free lessons and a significant number of members join. More than I ever expected.

Have we had site issues? Yes. I have my web team jump on them and I communicate openly with course members during the process. Since you went through the free lessons, you may have received some of those notices when we had issues with time released e-mails. (Which is the reason they are now also available on the site.)

I also realize I will not be around forever. I have already made arrangements to keep the site on-line long after I am gone. At that point, the course will benefit ventriloquists in a very unexpected manner.

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Aussie
View Profile
Special user
Australia
623 Posts

Profile of Aussie
I apologise Tom if I offended you that's not what I meant. I have done the first part of your course and it's very good and entertaining. It's always great to share the knowledge especially in this art form and everyone including myself appreciates it I'm sure Smile
Australia's Most Original Ventriloquist

http://www.ladymaceentertainment.com
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Aussie may have been referring to Steve Taylor's Humouring your Dummy DVD which is good but your course is in depth and current and best of all, picks the brains of some of the best in the business.

I have Steve Petra's DVD and it is wonderful with lots of creative ideas but it is not a script writing DVD so the comparison is a bit apples and oranges.

I have downloaded all the transcripts and have even copied them to my tablet to read when I am travelling. Tom provides tons of good resources but there is some work involved. It is not a passive sit and watch kind of thing.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Aussie
View Profile
Special user
Australia
623 Posts

Profile of Aussie
I've signed up for the Script Writing course. Very informative. I enjoy Tom's entertaining style of delivering these courses.
Australia's Most Original Ventriloquist

http://www.ladymaceentertainment.com
KeithS
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of KeithS
I've just signed up. Looking forward to digging in later on tonight!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Ventriloquist Script Course (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL