The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1207 Posts

Profile of Michael238
http://www.barrymitchellproducts.com/sto......b_wallet

I was wondering if anyone has used this effect and what are your reviews please.

Thanks

Mike
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
How on earth did that card come from that tiny wallet....

I can see it being used as part of an opening routine, a bit lacklustre for a closer methinks.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It will be easy to make an better effect similiar to that, for a lot less money.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I BOUGHT it, I LIKE it, and I USE it.

Remember as far as Quality goes, you get what you pay for.

Ken Scott, does have a 3-Card Monte Library that is very good and it is $ 20.00

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 11:15, Dynamike wrote: It will be easy to make an better effect similiar to that, for a lot less money.
Amen, brother! I'm curious as all get out know how one justifies $59.00 for the props one gets. Interesting.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:
On 2012-08-25 03:38, MichaelCGM wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 11:15, Dynamike wrote: It will be easy to make an better effect similiar to that, for a lot less money.
Amen, brother! I'm curious as all get out know how one justifies $59.00 for the props one gets. Interesting.

Is it expensive for what it is? Sure, but I bought it for several reasons. One, the routine is not a killer one but it is very effective at promoting libraries and I make a pretty good amount of money performing for libraries. (The librarians will like the point behind this routine and that helps keep me booked.) Two, it is well made and well thought out. Could you make it yourself? Yes but do you want to spend the time to make it properly? This wasn't just thrown together and Barry had to spend some time working out precisely how to make it so it would work smoothly and would last. The time involved in making prototypes is worth something and I didn't want to have to go through that myself when it was already made.

Finally, I think Barry deserved to be rewarded for coming up with the idea and putting it together. If we make our own versions of every new idea someone markets, how likely is it that they'll continue to create products? People underestimate how much is involved in getting a product ready for selling. We tend to think they're making a killing but, when you consider how many people will actually buy it, how much time and energy was invested in getting it out to market, do you really think people are getting rich off this stuff?

The value in a product is not always in the cost of materials.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Ditto to Michael Messing. I talked about this very same thing at my lecture at kidabra. Everyone assumes that performers who put out product tricks , dvds, books, that they are getting rich and I can say it is FAR FAR from it.

Buy it from Barry. Had he not made it NO one would have made it. Maybe when you buy it you can make it better but you did the right thing by buying it.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 11:15, Dynamike wrote:
It will be easy to make an better effect similiar to that, for a lot less money.

Agreed this could use some modifications and really look great.
Tamariz
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Tamariz
I will have to check this out.
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Seems there are always naysayers who claim that they could build something the same that is better and cheaper. That would be called stealing Smile Many threads have been started on this subject already. No need to go down that road again.

I bought Barry's effect, and used it on every library show this summer. It rocked.
Every kid and librarian that saw me perform it loved it. It paid for itself many times over.
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1142 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
If you work in libraries, you'll immediately see the possibilities and the effectiveness of this effect. As far as the price goes, I think that others have addressed that very well. Do keep in mind that Barry and other dealers aren't selling products to break even. Its a business. As such, they deserve to make a profit. A handy rule of thumb in manufacturing is a times 3 markup. In other words, the price an item sells for is 3 times the cost of making it. I'm pretty sure there's $20 bucks worth of time and materials in this.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Everybody have their own taste. To me it would have been better targeted for kids if when first opened it would show material related to reading, for example bookmarks. Close and reopen showing a different material related to reading. Close again reopen again with a different material related to reading. And upon opening each, have a different back ground in the wallet related to reading.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL