The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Milk Glass Repair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
I dropped my milk glass recently and the inner wall popped out. Nothing is cracked. The insert has just come unglued. I need recommendations on the right type of glue to repair it. I could use super glue, but that glue tends to leave a white residue. I don't want the rim of the glass to look weird due to the glue. Plus the rim will need to be air tight. Any recommendations other than buying another glass? Thanks.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Take the milk glass to a glass company; they will have the correct glue to use on glass; they may charge you a few bucks to assemble it.

When they fix it to your satisfaction, kill them all so they don't divulge the gimmick to anyone; I have had to do this with the guy that made the gimmicks for the gumball machine trick.

We must protect out art
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hi Michael,

Wait, before the murder idea -- is your glass glass or plastic or acrylic or lexan? can you point to the model online?

I have seen many different types...

Best,

Bill
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2225 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Acrylic Glue. I use the one which dentists use to make false teeth. It is a mixture of clear acrylic powder and self curing liquid. I have heard that Acetone also works.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
*******************************CORRECTED COPY***********************************

Take the glass to a Plastic fabricator; they will have the correct glue to use on the glass and they have special pin point applicators to apply the glue so nothing shows; they may charge you a few bucks to assemble it.

When they fix it to your satisfaction, kill them all so they don't divulge the gimmick to anyone; I have had to do this with the guy that made the gimmicks for the gumball machine trick.

Bill, It is not murder, it is justifiable homicide. We must protect out art
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Thanks guys. Howie's trying to get me locked up again. I'll just order another one. It's "Milk Glass Deluxe - Bazar De Magia". The Magic Warehouse has them for just $10.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Again!

When was the first time you were locked up? LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Milk Glass Repair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL