The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » "Mindreader Wallet" Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I received the "Mindreader Wallet" yesterday, it's everything I wanted the "Thought Transmitter" to be and then some. Wow!
  1. It's made of leather and looks like a real wallet which can be handled by a spectator in your routine
  2. Works in all lighting conditions! TT does not.
  3. Gimmick does not show through with an outline! TT does.
  4. Comes with an extra back-up gimmick! TT does not.
On another post, somebody mentioned a hole on one side of the wallet, which made me hesitate from ordering it. Am I glad I did! The hole is not a hole! It's a rectangular compartment with a clear plastic window that shows through to the black backing. A place to hold a card, etc. Perfectly normal looking!

All in all, it's the best and easiest peek wallet to use. The method is awesome!

Gerry,
Thoughts have wings Smile
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Thanks for the comparative feedback Gerry! After much research, your positive review inspires me to make my own investment in this wallet.
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
417 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Can you give me a link where I can get this from?
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
What have you got to do when the extra back-up gimmick is also used? What are the possibilities to make it work again? Is there a way to get the back-up after? Thanks.

I think it could be a great improvement if someone could come with the gimmick rechargeable by the user. Smile
Steve Hoffman
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of Steve Hoffman
I got one but there was a defect in it—resulting in the spectator being able to see something they shouldn't have been able to see when the wallet is in the open position.

When I first got it I wasn't sure if there was something wrong with me or with the product. I was glad when the dealer (Brad Burt) told me right away, "Uh oh, you got a defective one" and he immediately sent out a replacement insert to solve the problem.

I agree with Gerry's comment that the clear plastic window with black backing looks perfectly normal from the outside.

If you have a defective wallet, however, it will NOT look perfectly normal from the INSIDE (i.e., the inner top flap).

I look forward to using this as soon as I receive the "fix" in the mail.

Steve Hoffman
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Yep Steve, Brad Burt runs a quality service magic dealership and is great to deal with, problems or not. Brad has gone the extra mile in providing me with great service in the past, even though my orders are relatively small in dollar amounts.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2827 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I just got my Mind Reader Wallet today from Penguin. It is AWESOME...It looks like a normal wallet. My vote is, it's better than Thought Transmitter.

I have my driver's license in the clear back window and my credit cards and some cash in the front pockets. As another subtlety, I write some phone numbers and names ON the INSIDE clear cover of the white gimmick. This makes it look like I jot down some notes in my wallet.

At the beginning of the trick I take out my license and make a joke about the photo. I then proceed with the routine that I've already outlined in my previous posts.

Mind Reader Wallet ROCKS!!!

Smile Smile Smile

Greg Rostami
gilbreath76
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of gilbreath76
I've asked John Cornelius a looooong time ago whether he plans to make the Thought Transmitter in real leather version. He didn't intend to.

So basically, this is TT-type technology/gimmick, but in a real leather wallet and made thinner? Please confirm, if so, I'm getting one!!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Yes, same technology. The "Mindreader Wallet" is the best peek wallet bar none!!

You can get it at my favorite dealer: http://www.magcwarehouse.com

He has discount prices. Ships the same day. You get your orders in two to three days anywhere in USA.

Gerry
Thoughts Have Wings Smile
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Quote:
Yes, same technology. The "Mindreader Wallet" is the best peek wallet bar none!!
Gerry

Hi,

A matter of opinion I suppose. I will stick with a simpler non-electronic version that has other uses too like the Strivings Sight Unseen Case.

Phillip
hawkbird
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
How does the Mindreader Wallet compare to the Stealth Wallet? Which wallet is more deceiving? I know the Stealth Wallet is not examinable by the spectator and I have great results from it. But this wallet seems to allow the spectator to handle the wallet without discovering the secret?
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2003-10-23 13:05, Steve Hoffman wrote:
I got one but there was a defect in it—resulting in the spectator being able to see something they shouldn't have been able to see when the wallet is in the open position...

...If you have a defective wallet, however, it will NOT look perfectly normal from the INSIDE (i.e., the inner top flap).

I just received this effect. Can I assume that the wallet "...will NOT look perfectly normal from the INSIDE..." UNLESS there is something in the outer see-through pocket? In other words, if this outer pocket is left empty, the wallet will not look normal when in the opened position. Is this true? This is the way mine works and I want to be sure this is the way they all work.

Gianni
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Just bought the TT secondhand, it is without the gimmick but I think I can change the inner notepad and make one of myself with a powerful light. Smile

I'd still prefer the Peek Wallet.

Mindreader Wallet or not, you have to take all of them in your own hands to get the picture.

:kewl:
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi Gianni and hawkbird,

The "Mindreader" Wallet does look normal in the opened position without anything inside the window compartment! I have my drivers license inserted in the window compartment. I take my drivers license out and lay my wallet in the closed position down on the table or bar with the window uppermost. It just looks black. Perfectly normal looking wallet.

After the spectator writes on the pad, he or she may wrap a rubberband around it, without any fear of the secret working's being divulged! (I have a magical looking symbol glued on the other side of my drivers license that I tell the spectator to concentrate on while he or she decides on what to print or draw on the pad. (Perfect excuse for taking the drivers license out!)

I also use the wallet in my "Masters Time Machine" watch routine to receive the thought of time. If you love mental magic like I do, get the watch too. It's awesome!

Gianni, I believe you have a piece missing in your wallet. Send an email to: http://www.magicmakersinc.com or give them a call at 775-883-2400. I'm sure they will take care of the missing piece free of charge.

By the way, they are the makers of the wallet and watch. Hope this helps.

Gerry
braveneil
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of braveneil
Hi, is the Mind Reader Wallet capable of billet loading after doing pocket writing?
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi braveneil,

No it doesn't do billet loading.

Gerry
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
I have owned three of the Thought Transmitters, each one had lasted maybe two months in real world work and the replacement from the manufacturer cost about $40.

For me and my money, the Mindreader Wallet is a bargain, and here is why:
  1. It is lower in cost
  2. It is made of leather, not plastic
  3. It comes with two of the essential gimmicks
  4. It comes with some very nice handling instructions, especially the section that allows you to cold read different age groups and sex. (This alone is worth the price I paid for the wallet.)
  5. My TT was too bright, it reflected light in my glasses, the Mindreader Wallet is just right.
This is the fourth item of Magic Makers that I have bought and I will continue to buy their products since they really put a lot into the production of a quality product at a reasonable price. (Maybe other manufacturers will follow and quit trying to sell us overpriced ****.)

S.
gilbreath76
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of gilbreath76
Got my Mindreader. Wanted it for leather aspect because I had already owned a Thought Transmitter. Now I can see why the Mindreader can be had pretty cheap on ebay. The quality of the "gimmick" is suspect. The sweet spot for me comes and goes, it's unreliable. I think I'll buy the "gimmicks" from John Cornelius and put them in the Mindreader Wallet.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi gilbreath76,

Sorry to hear that somehow you received one that's not working correctly. I have one and it works great.

I was told if I ever have any trouble with mine to either call "Magic Makers" directly at 775-883-2400 and they would take care of any problems whatsoever or go to their site and email them.

Here is their link: http://www.magicmakersinc.com

Hope this helps,
Gerry
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
When mine arrived, neither of the inserts worked. But got sent replacements, no fuss. One of those didn't work - but got sent more replacements, no fuss.
So - there is a quality control issue, but terrific after sales service!

However, given it is so clearly based on Thought Transmitter, it is questionable why he did not ask john Cornelius's permission - or even mention Thought Transmitter in the instructions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » "Mindreader Wallet" Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL