The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Stealing the pips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I don't know whether this is where I should be posting this but I have just got th share it. I have been into magic for 2 years now, and every so often one dvd comes along and it is amazing, standing out clearly from the rest. The moves he teaches are revolutionary and amazing, and I was really chuffed witht he content. The question is:

Is there any other vids around at the moment that are equally as impressive as this as I would like to know about them. Anyone got any other vids etc that they are really impressed all around with?
La magie, c'est ma vie
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Stealing pips is an ok dvd...i wouldnt use any of the stuff on it in performance cept maybe IC3 and the Bertram Change. I think Michael Ammar's easy to master card miracles dvds and david regal's dvds are better. you will use more stuff on these than stealing pips. the only real thing I got out of it was the bertram change.
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I have to disagree with you there. I would use Ammar's as a basis because what he teaches is what is the basis for most tricks going. Oz is pushing it a little further with the advanced techniques.
La magie, c'est ma vie
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Well let me clarify, I do walk around magic, not show, so I don't usually carry a close up mat with me. the only way to do the SAC move is with a close up mat or a reliable table cloth which is not always available. and almost ALL these tricks use the sac move or the dirty deck principle. so for me, I cant fit them into my repertoire, maybe you can
Ferry H.P.
View Profile
New user
Belgium
95 Posts

Profile of Ferry H.P.
The basic things for other tricks? Smile

It could be that Stealing Pips is a bit
more "advanced" than ETMCM, but the tricks on
Ammar's tapes aren't basic. Many of them are killer
stuff and high quality tricks/routines.
Ferry H.P.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Ammar's ETMCM series have CLASSIC effects that have stood the test of time and have more WOW factor than anything on stealing pips...just my opinion.
Captain261
View Profile
New user
NYC
64 Posts

Profile of Captain261
I've used the SAC move on all kinds of surfaces, bars, tables, etc. it doesn't require a cloth or mat to spread effectively.
The Captain
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

How do you spread cards on a bar surface??? I mean, you could spring spread them (royal road reference) but I talked to Oz about this type of spread and he said the move cant be done that way.
Captain261
View Profile
New user
NYC
64 Posts

Profile of Captain261
The SAC move can be done on any surface where you can do a ribbon spread. Are you saying you can't do ribbon spreads anywhere but on mats or cloths?

I agree the spring spread would not work.
The Captain
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

My bad...you can definitely do spreads on a bar surface, I just wont want to do it and ruin my cards...you are right though
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
And regaring the dirty deck principle. That is perfect for a locator. Who needs a short card or a crimp?
Not all the moves are based on the sac move. What about the Bertram change? Best colour change Ive ever seen. While on the subject as anyone seen any other colour changes which are equally as good?
La magie, c'est ma vie
SVG84R
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of SVG84R
Trust me betram change may look gd but it's angly.not very gd for close up.
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
"The moves he teaches are revolutionary and amazing"

If something's revolutionary it really has to be a new concept, both the Bertram change and the "SAC" move are as old as the hills. What would you say are the revolutionary concepts taught on the DVD?

Euan Smile
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
In regards to earlier posts, The Easy to Master Card Miracles is a little misleading. Jamy Ian Swiss has a problem with the name as well.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Ok, they aren't THAT easy to master. back on the topic of stealing pips, the bertram change is a great change but it takes a ton of practice and is very angly, one on one is ok, but as a group forget about it. I would use the erdnase or hermann color change...those are sweeeet
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
Just as an extra he's coming out with another dvd I think. Search the post for more information.
SINDINI
View Profile
New user
South, CA
4 Posts

Profile of SINDINI
I do the sac move all the time with no surface at all. No, it's not a levitating ribbon spread Smile, It works in a pressure fan too, try it out!
BILL-MA-LONE! BILL-MA-LONE!
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
John Bannon uses a similar sleight in his Oil and Water routine. I forget with whom he credits the sleight.
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
Is this true? Oz is making another dvd?
La magie, c'est ma vie
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Yea he is. but it is a beginner's dvd. he is teaching double undercutting, pinky breaking and lepaul spreading with some routines. it is called born to perform card magic. penguin magic should be selling it within a week
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Stealing the pips (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL