The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Sales forum access (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gatorjim
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
57 Posts

Profile of gatorjim
I have been a member since 2007 but have been mostly inactive the past two years due to illness. I notice my postings are now listed as zero. I previously had access to the forum where items could be sold or wanted for purchase. How do I gain access to the forum for magic sale and purchase?
Thank you.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4986 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
We normally don't remove that many posts from a members count unless they have done something worthy of a ban. Regardless, you'll have to make 50 contributing posts to gain access to the sales forum. Understand that they must be constructive posts and not just something saying "yeah I agree" or "thanks" etc.
Where the magic begins
Revroy
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Revroy
I have been trying to figure out how to access the sales forum as well. now I know.
tricky.trixz
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of tricky.trixz
Quote:
On 2012-08-28 17:33, Dave Scribner wrote:
We normally don't remove that many posts from a members count unless they have done something worthy of a ban. Regardless, you'll have to make 50 contributing posts to gain access to the sales forum. Understand that they must be constructive posts and not just something saying "yeah I agree" or "thanks" etc.

Dave, help me out. I'm a selling agent for clients downsizing collections. I need access to working magicians or magic collectors searching for quality as new books, lecture notes, pamphlets, apparatus, etc. My "50 contributing posts" would look something like this, "Oh, you're looking for that book...I just happen to have it..." Suggestions please.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4986 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Tricky, posts like you suggested would be removed quickly. The first 50 posts need to contribute to the subject. The only place a member can post that they are looking for such and such is in the for sale forums.

Additionally, The for sale section is for magicians to buy/sell/trade items from their personal collections. What you are describing would be similar to a dealer and dealers cannot advertise in the for sale forums.

An alernative for you, since this appears to be a business, would be to purchase a banner ad from Café management. Folks looking for your service would click on the banner and would be directed to your website for example. You would not be able to advertise in the forums.
Where the magic begins
tricky.trixz
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of tricky.trixz
Thanks for the info Dave, I understand the sales forum process better now. I appreciate your time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Sales forum access (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL