The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is it just me? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Just got off the phone booking my last open weekend date in October.

Is it just me, or are others noticing that bookings are picking up?

I hope it is everyone and maybe a sign that things are picking up for family entertainers all over.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Right now - dead

I'm waiting another two weeks until school is back in session

You know... bookings are seasonal, in various parts
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2012-08-28 17:45, curtgunz wrote:
Just got off the phone booking my last open weekend date in October.

Is it just me, or are others noticing that bookings are picking up?

I hope it is everyone and maybe a sign that things are picking up for family entertainers all over.

I bet because you are a clown. Clown get more calls than magicians.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have not been this busy since 2009. I booked several block parties, a trade show, and a couple community celebrations for September. I booked two bday parties today that were referrals from another busy magician. The economy is recovering, but no one wants you to know until after the election.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Tony Clifton
View Profile
New user
oakhurst, ca.
24 Posts

Profile of Tony Clifton
I am going to try childrens shows maybe. I have done magic for awhile. what are the slow seasons? I wonder if some months just have more birthdays than other months. curt I like your make up.
TC
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
It is very SLOW here in Michigan. School shows do not start for another week after Labor Day. October is looking Good and December is really looking good. Otherwise it is still slow as it has been for a few years now. I have beefed up my Marketing and Cold Calling.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
I don't think bday parties are seasonal. I never have a month, where I do less than 30 shows. Now, as far as the economy goes, I do think area of the country matters. For instance, even in the first big recession year, I had 375 shows that year, but I'm well aware that in other parts of the country, I probably would have not been able to charge my price, and kept up the number of gigs.

This area is as close to recession proof as one might find. I have 43 shows booked in September, and about 37 booked in October right now, some public and some private shows.

Al, if your reading this btw, I just got a call believe it or not, from Philly, and I was booked on Oct. 14. I gave them your name, so hopefully they call ya.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is it just me? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL