The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suggestions for illusions to use 4 & 6 year old girls as assistants (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
My daughters have been involved in a few shows. They like it. I have a chair suspension, victory cubes, and a large square circle. I am looking to purchase (used) illusions to to use them in a show. I would love to hear your suggestions? (And perhaps you might have something to sell/trade.)
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Perhaps a Doll House ? I would think that it would be easy to come up with a story about young girls playing with a doll house, and I'm sure you would be able to produce both of them from it.
Bob.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Peter Loughran just sent me a message that his "Fenced In" can easily be modified for use with a seven year old assistant. Based upon his response, I am sure it would work for your purposes as well.

Ghost House could be made out of cardboard quite easily. The costumes can be made from white sheets. See Mark Wilsons complete course in Magic for this and many other ideas.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Sacred by Scott Emo, available from Peter Loughran.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I second the Doll House suggestion, that's brilliant.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
This is a clip from Taylor Reed that is in Stage Illusions for Sale or Trade section of TMC:

F/S The Stacking Shadow box for a Kid
I built this one for my son many years ago.. Originally cost 3,500
This is built for a kid 4 foot tall max or you can have a taller kid when they appear in kneeling type pose.
the illusion is back lit and you see the shadow of a kid..
The front two covers are removed and you have a kid..
Starts off with two empty boxes that look like old crate type boxes from the old movies..
This is a base load.. Indian style on back..
Very easy to do..

I will take 1,500 cash plus shipping
this includes the crate that I will build for it and everything needed to perform this.
SHipping will cost around 250 to 350 from Branson to any state here in US..

Pm me or call
979-482-0714
Taylor Reed

This is a one of a kind
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Doll house, yes. Flying carpet also cool, if she's seven, you can try flying box.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Could probably teach both girls to appear in a shadow box. Mine I built held two people on the d****r. Two young girls would be no issue. Great way to introduce them at the beginning of the show. Stretcher illusion would be fun. Both would take practice but impressive if pulled off correctly.

Of course, not sure if you are into bigger illusions like this so was just guessing.
Lin_
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lin_
If you know the quick change, You maybe can make quick change costume for them. Smile
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
490 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Mail Bag Escape: A close friend had a 12 year-old grandaughter that had Cerbral Palsy and he used her for years doing the mailbag escape.
She loved it because she was not only the center of attention but, despite her disability, was the star of the escape and an important part of Grandpa's show. Grandpa Jim loved doing it as much as Jenny did. Sadly, they are both no longer with us, but the memory of them doing the escape will be always be with those of us who knew them.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I love the ideas. Thanks for posting them here! I also appreciate thee-mails and PM's from everybody.
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I spoke with illusion designer Jim Sommers for 3 hours at the Houdini Convention of WI. H had some thoughts, too. Nice guy!
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Jim,

Here is the link to Sacred, The Child Conjuring Illusion that Jimmy Fingers mentioned above. I created this because of the exact reason you are searching, my kids wanted to get into the act.

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/sacred.html

PM me if you have any questions.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I purchased sacred a couple of years ago. I will work on this illusion this fall. It seems simple in concept, but have not done it with my kids yet.
I recently picked up the dollhouse illusion... We have been practicing in the garage the last few days. They like the concepts...it fits their "style". I also picked up temple of B., and a tip-over trunk. They have performed in a few shows in the last year taking part on a chair suspension and a large square circle by creative magic.

I klnow have cube zag...anyone ever try this with 2 people in it. Had it two days now, that is their favorite one that they do together...just practicing though
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Jim,
I emailed you my cleanup method that I really am liking (since it appears that I cannot PM you for some reason). It is cleanup method that I came up with a while ago that takes 1 second. Hope you enjoy working with it.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
Scott, thanks for the e-mail,great ideas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suggestions for illusions to use 4 & 6 year old girls as assistants (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL