The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Performing table for child (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
My six year old son and I are learning ventriloquist together and I would like to get him a performing table. The mic stands are too tall. Does anyone have an idea for a performing table for a 48" tall child or somewhere to purchase one.
Thanks
Tim
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Tim, check with Al Good. His web site is:
http://algoodproducts.com/
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
Thanks Tom.
These may be a little more than I want to spend at this time since my son is six and just getting started.
One thing I did not see was the lowest height these would go to. The problem I am finding is that they are to tall for a shorter person.
Thanks again for the link.
Tim
creativemac
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
834 Posts

Profile of creativemac
A mic stand cut down (from the bottom) to your desired height with an adapter and one of Al good's tops should work.
Donald Woodford

"Invite a Dummy, to your next function."
http://www.woodynfriends.com
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Tim -
Here is another idea. Go to a Home Improvement store and buy some 1" PVC, a couple of flanges and a piece of 3/4" plywood. Cut two 12" squares from the plywood, paint them black, attach the flanges and use the PVC as a leg. You can cut it to whatever height you want. Put some felt on the top piece to act as a table top. Instant, inexpensive stand.
Tom

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2012-08-31 10:25, tacrowl wrote:
Tim -
Here is another idea. Go to a Home Improvement store and buy some 1" PVC, a couple of flanges and a piece of 3/4" plywood. Cut two 12" squares from the plywood, paint them black, attach the flanges and use the PVC as a leg. You can cut it to whatever height you want. Put some felt on the top piece to act as a table top. Instant, inexpensive stand.
Tom

Great idea Tom!
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
ctpuppet
View Profile
New user
east hartford ct
56 Posts

Profile of ctpuppet
What about a symbol stand for a kids drum set my daughter has one and she is six I just had her stand with it, its a perfect height. something like the high hat stand. you can buy just the stand without the pedal or center rod
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I started looking at other stands like drum stands. I will look for a child drum set stand.

The PVC method. Do you know how sturdy that would be. I was going to go to home depot tomorrow to make a stand to display his puppet. May try the performing stand option.
Thanks for the ideas.
Tim
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Another idea might be a music stand used to hold sheet music. They usually adjust pretty low for people who need to use it sitting down, and the "platform" (for lack of a better word coming to mind) that holds the sheet music can be adjusted flat out on most modern stands like one I have.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Not sure how sturdy the PVC would be, but it isn't something you set a lot of weight on. I have one a Sammy King's Francisco and the stand is made of three sections of 1"PVC with connectors. It works great.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I have an upeats on my table. I went to guitar center today hoping to get a used stand of some kind. I found a music stand made by proline. It is on the link below. It is just the right height when all the way down and I can put the sheet holder flat and it makes a great table. I may even go back tomorrow and buy another one. The list price is $39 but it was on sale until tomorrow for $29. See it here
http://m.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-GMS80A......68480.gc
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
That's exactly what I was talking about in my post, I got one a few years ago which I bought for music, but quickly realized it's potential as a vent stand.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
Thanks for the idea because it is exactly what I needed. In fact this would make a great table for magic which is why I may buy another one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Performing table for child (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL