The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » 'Ye Olde Magick Blogge' is gone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Anyone have any info on why Andrew Musgrave's blog has been discontinued? He appears to have disappeared off of Twitter as well.
Just curious...

http://sleightly.com/blog/
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5311 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Looks like the site might have been hacked.

Jim
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I've wondered this too. I would think if he was hacked he would have gotten the word out by now that that was the case.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5311 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
If you do a site search on Google there are now hundreds of rogue sites attached to that URL. Has to be hijacked.

Jim
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
The site hasn't been hacked that I know of. But Andrew over a week ago did announce on F.B. that he would be taking an hiatus from the internet within the next month. He also mentioned that he does not know when he could decide to come back.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5311 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I believe he's touring in Korea presently. I know that would be enough to make me take a break from the blog!

Jim

RS1963: Do a Google site search of sleightly.com. Use this for search terms: site:sleightly.com Take a look at all the subpages that show as results. That's what makes me think it was hacked.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
It may have. He did say due to some events that happened he was taking a break. Andrew seems level headed so something happened to make him take it all down.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thanks for the update. I noticed Andrew's Facebook page was down too. I guess I missed his post about taking a break.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Andrew's F.B. is still up he said two weeks ago that would probably come down in a month or two as well.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Here's a link to the letter Andrew wrote explaining why he's stepped out of the limelight:

http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.de/2012/09/farewell.html
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
And a link to the Workers forum where the issue is also being discussed:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=2&7
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Yikes! I don't blame Andrew for going off the grid. It's sad that the world has people such as whoever Lukins is that have to how they don't have any class at all. I know I can have my moments that even leave be scratching my head as to why I went on the way that I have at times. But I wouldn't stoop anywhere close to where the thing that J.L has done. If he continues to do such things I hope Andrew does take legal action.
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Lukins is Steven Youell
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2012-09-20 01:25, Darth_Prime wrote:
Lukins is Steven Youell

... and Soylent Green is people!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Just stating facts, he admitted it
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yes, Steven Youell did admit that. He also admitted he is suffering from severe mental illness. That, my friends, is devastating! If you know anything about what he is being treated for, you'll understand. I have seen first hand what that can do to a person.

We don't have a handle on the more severe forms of M.I., and they just keep trying psychotropic drugs, one after the other. We have institutions filled with these people. The cause is not yet knowm, although I suspect environment and heredity may be involved.

God bless Steven Youell. I hope he can somehow get it under control...

Doug
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Quote:
On 2012-09-22 19:25, Dougini wrote:
I hope he can somehow get it under control...

I hope so too, so that next time he doesn't create fake account, making up BS about people and then use the most insulting language to declare "open war". There are things one does not do. No matter what condition. The fact that he has come out and admitted an illness that explains his behavior doesn't mean that behavior is okay.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
" doesn't mean that behavior is okay."

Neither is kicking someone when they are down. Enough already- I am with Doug on this one...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1046 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2012-09-24 18:41, Roland Henning wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-22 19:25, Dougini wrote:
I hope he can somehow get it under control...

I hope so too, so that next time he doesn't create fake account, making up BS about people and then use the most insulting language to declare "open war". There are things one does not do. No matter what condition. The fact that he has come out and admitted an illness that explains his behavior doesn't mean that behavior is okay.

Ditto!

mlippo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » 'Ye Olde Magick Blogge' is gone? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL