The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Eggink's THE HOLE (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I really like Peter's products. Flightcase, Haunted, etc. This is on his website and looks so good. It says there is a September release date.

http://www.peter-eggink.nl/uk/store-the-hole.html

The ad:

At any time with your normal deck (or business cards) you punch a hole right through the signed selection so the spectator can keep their “lucky card” on their key ring…but the hole was punched on the “wrong” end of the card…slowly and visually the hole animates all by itself across the card until it arrives on its final destination: the other end of the signed card! Right after the hole has arrived the card can be handed out for them to keep as a unique souvenir and everything may be examined.

“The Hole” comes complete with a full training DVD, the 007 secret weapon: an ingenious custom made gimmick and everything else you’ll need to perform this stunning effect. Use your own deck of cards.

Super EASY To Do
Super PRACTICAL
Use ANY deck or business cards
NO Gaffed Cards
No Force
NO Card Switches
INSTANT Reset
100% EXAMINABLE
Speed and Animation control
Spectator can hold the card during the animation
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I love this and I gotta have it. How much will it cost? and when will it be released?,do you know?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 13:41, Fire Starter wrote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I love this and I gotta have it. How much will it cost? and when will it be released?,do you know?

Peter's site says the release date is sometime in September. I don't see it on any dealer sites, so we'll have to wait for price, availability, etc.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 14:37, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 13:41, Fire Starter wrote:

Peter's site says the release date is sometime in September. I don't see it on any dealer sites, so we'll have to wait for price, availability, etc.

Many thanks on the info,all the best
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I could be wrong, but this looks a lot like Moving Violation by Jay Sankey to me.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 15:02, Paul Rathbun wrote:
I could be wrong, but this looks a lot like Moving Violation by Jay Sankey to me.

I'm sure there are similarities, but Jay's effect used a packet trick wallet or something like that. Not having the need for that is a huge step forward.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I'm happy that Peter has decided to make his hole available to the magic community. It looks like it could be a lot of fun.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 15:17, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I'm happy that Peter has decided to make his hole available to the magic community. It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I'm wondering if I can combine Peter Eggink's Hole with David Stone's Tool?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:

Paul, I have Jay's GREAT trick, but I think this looks very different. On Peter's demo, their signed card has a real hole put in it with the sharpie and the card is placed onto the deck for the moving. It also says no gaffed cards, no force, no card switches.

I have a few of Peter's other releases and still use them today, so I'm interested in this.
magicmalk
View Profile
New user
Northern California
73 Posts

Profile of magicmalk
That looks really nice Peter. Looking forward to the release.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 15:55, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

Paul, I have Jay's GREAT trick, but I think this looks very different. On Peter's demo, their signed card has a real hole put in it with the sharpie and the card is placed onto the deck for the moving. It also says no gaffed cards, no force, no card switches.

I have a few of Peter's other releases and still use them today, so I'm interested in this.

Right, the card would have a real hole in it in the beginning and the end, just like Sankey's did. Remember, in the beginning of Moving Violation Jay punches a real hole in the card. Also, if you own Moving Violation you may remember on the dvd he also teaches how to do the effect without the packet trick wallet. And if you think about Moving Violation, you could also say no gaffed cards, no force, and no card switches. I think this is very similar just applied to playing cards. Not saying that is a bad thing, I really like Moving Violation.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Good points Paul!

I've always enjoyed the moving hole plot. On Peter's demo, I liked that he didn't use a hole punch, just the tip of the sharpie and the hole had the jagged edges, as it would when making a hole with a pen.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:

Genius
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I have a feeling the spectator would notice the hole didn't actually move... You'd have to keep the card in pretty good motion for them to not notice its original position.

Also, I'm excited to see what the "switch" is for this. Maybe a demo will show that.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
This is the speculation section of the Café and I believe I have the right to speculate on effects yet to be released. Smile So please don't thrash me for what I say as this is my own personal opinion.

After watching the demo video and going by the Ad:-

Quote:
On 2012-09-01 12:32, Zombie Magic wrote:

The ad:

* At any time with your normal deck (or business cards) you punch a hole right through the signed selection so the spectator can keep their “lucky card” on their key ring . . . but the hole was punched on the “wrong” end of the card…slowly and visually the hole animates all by itself across the card until it arrives on its final destination: the other end of the signed card!

No such thing happens & we all know that. Smile Smile

Quote:

The ad:

* “The Hole” comes complete with a full training DVD, the 007 secret weapon: an ingenious custom made gimmick and everything else you’ll need to perform this stunning effect.

This effect might be a close-up effect but, as far as I am concerned it is basically a one-on-one effect. Hence I agree that the gimmick might be ingenious but getting ready with the gimmick might be a cause of some concern to a few.

Quote:

The ad:

Super EASY To Do
Super PRACTICAL
Use ANY deck or business cards
NO Gaffed Cards
No Force
NO Card Switches
INSTANT Reset
100% EXAMINABLE
Speed and Animation control
* Spectator can hold the card during the animation

I agree with all the above points except for one - 'Spectator can hold the card during the animation'. However Egink is a very clever creator and would have thought of how to pull-off this while the spectator is watching with hawk eyes at very close range.

Just my opinion.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This area of the Café is most definitely where we gather to speculate on the newest creations in magic.

Ustaad, with your creative mind, no one should ever thrash you for your thoughts!
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 15:19, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:

I'm wondering if I can combine Peter Eggink's Hole with David Stone's Tool?

Comic gold! Too bad they'll probably delete it.
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
I would say that the plot is identical with sankey's moving violation but this looks a lot more organic. The use of a sharpie pen to punch the hole and the walletless animation make it appear natural and impromptu which is crucial for all type of animations.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2012-09-02 06:55, Harrismatic wrote:
I would say that the plot is identical with sankey's moving violation but this looks a lot more organic. The use of a sharpie pen to punch the hole and the walletless animation make it appear natural and impromptu which is crucial for all type of animations.

As I have mentioned Sankey taught a way to do his moving hole effect without the wallet on his instructional dvd. It just wasn't shown on the demo video.

The Hole looks very similar except when Sankey taught it he just held one card and not the whole deck. I think Sankey had it right by doing a small shaking motion while the hole moved. I think on Peter's demo the sliding action of the hole while the deck is held completely still gives away the method. Just my opinion.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Magicians watch the demo and think it's obvious. A moving hole isn't going to fool them, even if they don't know the method, because they know...holes can't move. lol.

I think Jay Sankey's Moving Violation was/is an incredible trick. I still do it and people go crazy. I did a Café search as it came out years ago:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

So many posts saying it's obvious. Magicians saying they showed the demo to lay friends and they figured it out. Cameron Francis gave it a big thumbs up, but another Café poster said it wouldn't fool a chipmunk. lol.

Peter's trick is going through the same scrutiny. History always repeats itself! We'll have to wait to see if it is a dud or as great as Sankey's trick.

BUT...lay people will be amazed by it because they know zero about moving hole tricks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Eggink's THE HOLE (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL