The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Death" by revision (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
Engelfield Green, nr Staines - innit
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
Help me!

I am revising for my finals and I think I am going to go crazy Smile
I have five exams, and they are all in utterly difficult subjects. Smile
I can only find solace in The Café. It's my treat for some work throughout the day.
The light at the end of the tunnel is so close, yet so very far.

PT
Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Billy Andrew
View Profile
New user
Scotland U.K.
55 Posts

Profile of Billy Andrew
PT

Don't walk towards the light!

These are the highlights of my finals last day.

- exam finishes 12am
- 12.05 first orders at the bar
- 14.00 cocktail bar
- 15.30 staggered down high street wondering why the sun was still up (it must be at least 22.00!)
- 16.00 new cocktail bar, phone home to let mum and dad know it's all over (should have done this earlier).
- Nearly get thrown out of bar for saying "no way" repeatedly at the top of my voice.
- 19.00 lost wallet (no money left anyway so it didn't matter too much)
- 20.00 after dropping pint on floor decide that it must be home time.
- fall into three gardens walking home (pesky bushes, deceptively wide)
- morning after try to find wallet, reflect on what was said to mum and dad the day before.

So be warned, I'm sure there are similar stories, I look forward to hearing yours shortly.

Billy
A journey of one thousand miles starts with the first step
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
At least I have next year to make up for this year!

PT- What subjects are your exams on? I have 3 Chemistry, 2 Philosophy and 1 Maths, which is a fairly evil combo. What's yours like?
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
Engelfield Green, nr Staines - innit
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
Billy your last exam finshed at 12 !AM! ? That was a bit of a mean time to have it!
I can see my final exam day panning out along the same lines.

Well Neil, I am trying to get my hands on a pesky Aerospace Engineering Degree from Southampton Uni.
So my finals look a bit like this:

Structural Design
Aerospace Design
Aircraft Propulsion
Humans Factors in Engineering
Astronautics II

Make me feel sick just typing that!

You doing A-Levels then?

Any other students out there doing some nasty exams soon?

PT
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Billy Andrew
View Profile
New user
Scotland U.K.
55 Posts

Profile of Billy Andrew
Well it was some years ago and I'm sure everybodies been telling you how hard it used to be and how standards are slipping!

In my day ............
A journey of one thousand miles starts with the first step
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
PT - No, I am a second year at Durham Uni. Just sat the first one and I am off to a good start. My degree is called "Natural Science", which means I just get to pick which modules I want to do. This year counts for 40%, so I can make up next year!
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
RangeCowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Long Beach
198 Posts

Profile of RangeCowboy
Oh so you want high-anxiety fright do you?
I just did my viva.

I took part in a Magic Circle close-up contest tonight. Three tables of judges, three tables to hop.

Let's see...I have not performed publicly in over a year. Everything worked mostly OK but I burst a balloon and it was so noisy one close-up audience got a fright, but I replaced the balloon and then it worked OK

The second table I worked I just could not get the balloon to inflate properly inside the canister. I had five young children at the table so I let the balloon zoom out into the audience as I gave one of them my breakaway wand to hold. Then I segue-ed into the 3 card Monte and then realised I had reversed a card by accident and was showing the WRONG back to the audience E-E-E-E-K!!! Luckily only the three winners points were announced and the others were not revealed, me included.

But I do remember Engineering finals, years ago. Paisley College and a week and a half of gut-wrenching worries. Especially when you are walking out of an exam to hear two guys behind you say something like "yeah, question six - the loading is distributed over three nodes, not four.." E-E-E-E-K !
RangeCowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Long Beach
198 Posts

Profile of RangeCowboy
Hey, it's a couple of days later and I have gone over the mistakes I made in my performance. And yes, when I drove home I was pounding myself for letting the act get out of control. But I know I can do better in the next viva.

And you guys preparing for exams - if you attended the classes and read the course work, you will do OK. Maybe not great, maybe not honours great, but my degree was B.Sc.(Ord) and twenty years later I reckon it did me fine. I sure learnt more in the next five years after graduation anyway than during the entire college term.

May I wish you all the very best of luck in the next few weeks and the years to come.
And don't lose control in the heat of the exams. Five questions answered well is OK even if #6 is a stinker.
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Finals - yug! I still get a twitch when I think back. Still, the pub after my last exam was good fun (so I'm told...).

Slainte!

ML
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Just passed my first year at uni YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Death" by revision (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL