The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnival barker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Anyone have a good resource for some carnival barker/talker/ring master patter?
I'd like some good lines, preferably something vintage or poetic.

thanks
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2436 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Your request is very general. Choosing something helpful for you would require knowing what you want to depict with it.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
"All EyEs to the Sky!!...40 perilous feet above the sawdust ring.. Where Angels fear to tread!!!...WATCH!! as the Gran Mar attempts to cross the slender silver strand..With Peach baskets on his feet! a Blind fold on his Head,..rendering Him,.. totally senselesss!!!...Silence pleassssse!!!!..."

this is one of my alltime Favorites...Hope this helps you out..
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Or When Culpepper Merriweather Circus played Phoenix Red Johnson would let Circus Fan Fred Reed (deceased) announce the show in exchange for laying the show down...this was one of my favorite annoucements Fred came up for the Ole Curator..."Folks, riding a Bicycle is great exercise...Jim tried riding on the streets of Phoenix, but he found its too dangerous! So he is going to ride up there...where its Safe!!!..."

http://api.ning.com/files/HitbkuizC4kwzD......wire.jpg
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
Jim. Is that the same bike Dennis and I saw in front of the bar in Pueblo? Also, I don't see any counter weights hanging from it.
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Quote:
On 2012-09-05 19:32, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
..."Folks, riding a Bicycle is great exercise...Jim tried riding on the streets of Phoenix, but he found its too dangerous! So he is going to ride up there...where its Safe!!!..."

I love it!
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Jim:

I remember your act. really tremendous! on the Franzen Bros. Circus many years ago. Always a crowd pleaser.

Rod
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4424 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2012-09-05 15:02, scaress wrote:
Anyone have a good resource for some carnival barker/talker/ring master patter?
I'd like some good lines, preferably something vintage or poetic.

thanks

Yes is the answer ..... We have Jim. But we will only loan him out you can't have him!
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Hey Rod how bout this one...

Direct from the Carson Ranch in the Red River Valley of Hugo Oklahoma, welcome the biggest stars of the Carson & Barnes Circus. Because of the dwindling number of this magnificent endangered species, you may never witness this sight again, over 72,000 pounds of performing pachyderms. As they said in the days of the old “hold on to your horses”– HERE COME THE ELEPHANTS.
Evel Knievel

Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Yes, Jim:

I think this was the announcement for the spectacular long mount that Dorey Miller produced. Donnie " Oakie" Carr had the elephant dept then. I feel VERY fortunate to have been able to witness such a true spectacle, I really doubt we will ever see the long mount quite like Carson & Barnes had ever again. Totally Awesome.
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
A Carnival Barker is when your shin meets the gearhead in the pale moonlight...
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Scaress

I Beleieve you should show up @ The Gathering armed with a recorder and a pad & pencil...
You should be able to walk away with the Best lines in the Business...
Good Luck, HaPpy Hunting...
Evel Knievel

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4424 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2012-09-06 17:28, Rod Pringle wrote:
Yes, Jim:
announcement for the spectacular long mount.

You know that is just crying out for a comment ........ but I do ave a modicum of self respect ...... Somewhere ... I put it down here I am sure I did......
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Dave, do you even know what a long mount is?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4424 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I am not 100% sure but as elephants are mentioned I am guessing .......

It's when someone has sex for a long time ...... Darn it there goes my self respect! Again!!!!

No in all seriousness I don't know for sure but as elephants are mentioned I think it's that trick (probably to the right word) where the elephants have their front legs on the back of the elephant in front. And there are lots of them in a row. But as I sain that's a guess.

Thanks for keeping me in my place harley, it's about time someone cracked down on me.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yes, and Carson and Barnes had a huge herd. I only saw C&B once, after the herd was smaller, and there were 25 elephants. I think they had 40 at one time.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4424 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
40 ..... WOW..... Well saying that 25 would be really good to see too!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It was amazing!

www.bladewalker.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

I worked on Carson & Barnes Elephant Dept. for the last 3 months of the 1984 Season, they carried 27 Elephants and had a 19 elephant Long mount...The last Long mount I was apart of had 16 at Evansville Indiana w/ the Hawthorn Corp Herd for the Shrine...
Evel Knievel

jay kirwan
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
107 Posts

Profile of jay kirwan
By the time I got to presenting pachyderms for Chipperfields,
we only had 3, which made it a short long mount!
Those 3 girlies are now on RBBB.
Mind you, in a 42 foot ring a six beast mount is about
the maximum that would fit.
C&Bs hippodrome track long mount was always spectacular more so
for the public sitting front row along he track.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnival barker (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL