The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Twitter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-09-07 10:34, kinesis wrote:
I HATE twitter with a passion, but you gotta market yourself. I'll be following most everyone that posts here probably.

Derek

Im just curious why would you want other mind readers to follow you unless they are your target market for selling stuff? Seems a waste of time otherwise. you can find out about most products releases on here.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I am sure marketing is a part of it for some people, but there is more value there. For example, Twitter is real time, and a tweet can be sent straight to your cell phone.

In addition, I tend to tweet about things that people on the forums might not care so much about, but my followers might: blog posts, videos, pictures from shows, links to stories etc. that don't meet the posting rules on the Café.

It is also a way to build a closer relationship with others who are like minded, but who you may otherwise only see off and on across the threads and consequently interact with intermittently. I get a lot of value from the forums, but, in my experience, it is when I have a consistent, FRIENDLY, exchange with other mentalists that both parties make the most progress and their ideas really develop.

So, that's my two cents!
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
https://twitter.com/RileyGMatthews is my twitter account....
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hi, just added a few of you,

Personally I like twitter as you can generally find out about things before hey hit the news or in this case get posted on a forum. If Peter was working on a new book he might tweet how the work in progress is coming along. He is not going to do that in the forum, but fans of his work can keep up to date and feel more of a connection with him.

However, the cynical part of me just sees it as another marketing ploy, keeping your brand at the forefront, building a buzz about a new product with your target market etc.

The non marketing people/groups I follow include Mars rover, some science groups, some rumour mill stuff, local news, local football club, sports clubs etc

As mentalists, I wonder if there are any people/groups in particular that would be worth following?

regards,

Sea.
I love post its Smile
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
I find Twitter boring, obscure and generally annoying. But it's a necessary evil for marketing purposes. Linking your twitter account to your website is good for Search Engine Optimisation. And improving your followers and number of tweets is good for your Twitter account's google rank, which then ties back to your website. I don't have a personal twitter account, just one under my performance name (that's @ConnorJacobs if anyone's interested - be warned I tweet infrequently and even then it's not usually worth reading).
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Twitter (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL