The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Purchased Props always needs that something extra! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
I think Norm Nielsen should put a word in here. He manufactures quality and performable usable props -- that too many people turn into collector's items (in the Okito-Nielsen Line).

One must also remember -- that Joe berg had to "fire" Okito because he was making props "right and beautiful the first time" and taking too much time to sell them at the price magicians of the era would pay. Norm takes the same thrust -- and uses some of Okito's old tools too!

With many props -- just making them into -- or ready to fit into -- a routine, makes for the inclusion of modificationof every store(net) bought prop a reality.

I modified my last levitations substantially several times before I sold them -- and then they ran on batteries -- lifting 165 lbs -- four times a day --- five days between recharging. Totally portable, no cords needed. BUT -- now I want one to lift 185.

My last suspensions led me a merry modification chase -- one is now being used in Las Vegas -- another in Austin Texas. My chair suspensions- one too light for safety -- sold back east as too clunky but safe. My latest rig is sooooo ***ed big I need a 185 lb well trained person to put it in position -- it too had to be modified for smooth working.

Repainting over garrish colors is another story.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Purchased Props always needs that something extra! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL