The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Barstool levitation (advice on product) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The White Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Australia, Queensland
148 Posts

Profile of The White Wizard
Hi All - I am thinking of buying a bar stool levitation from Pro-magic Inc (retails for $2000)can anyone pease give a product review on these items as the price is going up in a couple of days. I would ove to get any information that may sway my purchase as I dislike buying quickly due to a bargin. Thank you all.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2442 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Just curious, what kind of venue are you planning to use this in?
The White Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Australia, Queensland
148 Posts

Scools for childrns shows Paul. So the kids will be several meters from the front.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I have owned Wireless Wizardy $7000 version and a much cheaper one.

Both had problem I can discuss in a PM
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
2 k could buy a lot of great equipment vs. one effect

just my .02
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
2k could buy you the tools to make your own, as well as more equipment!
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Magic Dave from the UK used one in his competition act, and I think his routine is on one of his DVDs (PartyTime 2?) You may want to check it out.

But at the end of the day, no ammount of money and expensive props will make you entertaining. Ask yourself why you want it, and think if there are better things (like paying the bills) to do with that money.
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I agree with Stephen. I'd be inclined to suggest that you save your money and concentrate on making the children laugh. I could replace my entire show for the price of this one trick and still have lots left over.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I have this prop and have used it for several years. I modified mine and converted it to remote control so I can control the rising and lowering.

It is now in the storage room because I have stronger effects.

Since you posted in the Little Darlings section, I would say that kids are not really amazed with illusions more than adults.

I had plans of using a kid volunteer for this but it was too risky unless there was an early rehearsal. I also had plans of making the kid lie down on a board on it. Just plans.

Maybe a Spontus360 levitation would work better and have more impact.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I agree with Kimmo in his post having said that kimmo and I know a performer who KILLS with this event. By sitting on a harry potter type broom he floats inthe air. Currently there is a book using a TONS on balloons. He holds the balloons in his hands and then starts to float of the stool. The ideas are endless. But don't always think bigger is better. Get your base of routines and then once you have gotten the shows under belt then work out other routines.
The White Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Australia, Queensland
148 Posts

Kevin - thank you for all information as I found it help.
Bill and Brian - I agree that I could purchase a lot with the money instead of just one effect. I had taken this into consideration while weighing up the pros and cons.
The reason behind the decision was that I would like to open and close with big effects (I unterstand that big does not mean expensive. I have decided that is efect is not
quite what I needed due to several posts and the show format. Bill and Brian your posts were helpful to have me rethink the show + effect so thank you.
Ku7uk3 - aye, hard to make but easy to spen right? thank you for the tip for Magic Dave.
Kimmo - Laughing is a high priority in my show as well - I agree it is important and that this money could easily replace my show with change. There is one thing I would like share and that is here in Australia the school billing system for shows are quite different I believe. That is that schools charge the children for the shows. Yes that means price per head in the room, so the return is quite high. Whith this in mind they do expect something fantastic, especially if I would like a repeat booking. So there is a motivation for a couple of BIG effects.
Lou and Ken - I personally do love this effect also and have seen the Harry Potter usage and it is a killer effect with huge reactions. I tthank you for your imput as it provides a balance of opinions to my question.

With everybodys helpfulness to my question I underwent a vigorous mental interrogation - my decision was swayed and instead I have decided to forgo the barstool levitation and replace it with an Axtell Hands Free Drawing Board.

Thank you all for helping me with this as I greatly appreciate it
The White Wizard.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Glad to help. I've recently purchased some tools to make my own effects my way, and in two days I already made enough to more than pay for the tools! Also, sometimes we all need that extra thinking time. A lot of times, when I want a big purchase item, the wife and I let it stew for a few days, just to see how we feel about it later. A few times, I've realized that what I wanted wouldn't have worked for me in the first place!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
The Axtell Hands Free Drawing Board is a very good investment as compared to the Barstool for Kid Shows. Congratulations!
I use my Axtell Remote Board ALL the time. I have the oldest version and it still works perfect till now.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
An illusionist friend of mine bought a barstool and I don't know if it is from Pro Magic. This is what I understand:

- Barstool is mechanical, when you activate it to "float", you will hear the engine sound. You have to mask the engine sound with music. And, even with music, I can still vaguely hear the engine sound when I am still 7-8 meters away from the stool.

- Because it is mechanical, the equipment may malfunction. Sending it for repair can cost you quite an amount too.

- It is quite heavy. You will need to carry this trick by itself and it will add to your setup time.

I hope you will think about the above points before you buy it.
-----

Joseph Then

Singapore Ventriloquist
The White Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Australia, Queensland
148 Posts

Ha - one thing I have learnt from this is to check my post before sending it with the typos - (note to self) slow down on the typing Smile
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Bear in mind - the audience and client have no idea how much an illusion costs. You can turn ANYTHING into something spectacular with a little thought. I remember chatting to a guy a while back via pm who had just spent $7000 on a closing routine for his show and was frustrated because all the audience wanted to talk about afterwards was the silver sceptre.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
The White Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Australia, Queensland
148 Posts

Hahahahahah Kimmo - now that's funny.I love to refere to it as the Snotty Sceptre (for the up-the-nose gag).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Barstool levitation (advice on product) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL