The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Your Favourite Magical Entrance? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I'm doing some research into magical entrances. The first effect of an illusion show where the magician appears on stage. Would love to hear your favourites. They can be commercial/available for sale or exclusive to a particular performer (Copperfield, Angel, etc). If you can include a video, that would be awesome as well. Smile

Thanks!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'd tell you how Marc Salem does it but I think you'd steal it.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Copperfield's Elevator and One illusions are my favorites.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Stu Turner
View Profile
New user
London
79 Posts

Profile of Stu Turner
Paul Daniel's Exploding Box. Awesome way to make an entrance.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Did you ever see that movie of Dante appearing from a puff of smoke?
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
I think this illusion E.O.V. of Danny Weiser new and very visible appearance!!! Build by Jack Murray... http://www.weiserconcepts.com/ Seregy.
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
533 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Seregy,
Thank you for your kind words in regards to my design...We actually have one being built as we speak..will post pictures and video when completed!
Best,
Danny Weiser
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I can't remember anymore who was the magician, I believe it was Hans Zahn. Years ago, in the 90th, in a german variety magic show in Berlin I saw him appear in a puff of smoke sitting on a devils throne; he hosted the show and thought that it was one of the most magical and mystifying stage entrances I've ever seen.

Later I saw David Copperfield Elevator Illusion stage entrance in his TV show and live and still think it's one of the best.

Oliver.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Rune Klan has a great way to appear on stage. Its in his book Rune's World.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Every time I see one of these threads I cant help but laugh.

some one ask a question legit or not and every one is so protective of their stuff and rightly so,.
I just find it funny that you comment but don't answer the question.

of course we are all trying to protect our shows.

but that being said here is my production.

I walk out on stage and begin my routine. that's it. its a classic and works well.

I do have another production but well you know I am not telling you about that one.

I would second Dannys idea he has come up with some pretty cool stuff.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
My all time favorite was DC's "One" Darcy Oake had a great one as well that was somewhat similiar in effect but far more practical.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Another vote for The Elevator...done SPECIFICALLY the way DC does it. I've seen a few other people use the exact same illusion and it doesn't have the same punch as when he did it. David is one of those performers that the proper lighting, music, and choreography all put together with the prop that really creates the feeling of magic.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1439 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I second Darcy Oake's appearance.
Jason Johnson
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
50 Posts

Profile of Jason Johnson
I liked Hans Klok's comic appearance from the Backstage Illusion on the old Masters of Magic show from the '90s.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 01:07, pepka wrote:
Another vote for The Elevator...done SPECIFICALLY the way DC does it. I've seen a few other people use the exact same illusion and it doesn't have the same punch as when he did it. David is one of those performers that the proper lighting, music, and choreography all put together with the prop that really creates the feeling of magic.

David Copperfield is famous, that's also part of the succes of his elevator.
A star that arrives on stage (magically or not) has more inpack than a 'lesser known' performer.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Being retired I'm not doing anything special... BUT... if I was doing a big production show, here's what I have in my notes.

Curtain opens and a Terradactile flies onstage from one side, holding me in its claws. It flies around a bit, then gets center stage and lets go of me, and I land standing center stage.

As it flies away, I say, "Come back for me in xx minutes, I'll need a ride home."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Yes,Darcy Oake "APPEARING ON CHAIR" ,build by Tim Clothier another modern and great idea! Sergey.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I suppose it's because it was the first time I saw DC live but the Motorcycle Shadowbox appearance I'll never forget.

http://youtu.be/eNf3_VGYHEo
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 01:07, pepka wrote:
I've seen a few other people use the exact same illusion and it doesn't have the same punch as when he did it. David is one of those performers that the proper lighting, music, and choreography all put together with the prop that really creates the feeling of magic.

The only other person I have seen perform this is Steve Wyrick (not to say that htere haven't been others), and I thought his was just as impressive.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
mpicard
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of mpicard
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 03:06, Pete Biro wrote:
Being retired I'm not doing anything special... BUT... if I was doing a big production show, here's what I have in my notes.

Curtain opens and a Terradactile flies onstage from one side, holding me in its claws. It flies around a bit, then gets center stage and lets go of me, and I land standing center stage.

As it flies away, I say, "Come back for me in xx minutes, I'll need a ride home."

A Terradactile? nothing more modern? lol just kidding.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Your Favourite Magical Entrance? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL