The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Care & Feeding of the Needle Through Arm Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
363 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
How do you guys store it?

How do you put the vaseline on it without clogging the you-know-what?

How do you clean it out so it won't clog? I've just been immersing it in water, but am not sure that's the best idea.

ATPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
If you have enough room in your travel case, a hunk of PVC pipe, 1/2 inch, with the end cap in place at one end (makes a long tube for cleaning as well)
at the open end, I use my favorite standby, a 25mm photo film plastic can, mash a greased cotton ball into the inside, add a small cut out from a plastic milk jug the size of the pipe to act like a washer, force the film can over the top of the PVC pipe-hold in place with a bit of gaff tape, and poke a hole through the can and plastic washer to slide your needle through. My PVC is long enough to protect the device, and short enough to put the grease where I want it, and no further.
I use warm water, and a final rinse of rubbing alcohol, helps act as a solvent, and helps things dry out with less rusting.

I understand that there is a wand sold one can get to store and transport it in as well, but I do not know about the vaseline on that one. Just remember that Vasoline does not like rubber or latex!!! of any kind!
Hope this helps
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
Similar to kay, I store it in a piece of 1/2" copper pipe from a plumbing store, cork at both ends.

After each use, I clean up with warm water and one of those pumps used for inflating balls and such.

I have a wand for storing my needle-thru-balloon, but have never seen one for needle-thru-arm. The pipe seems to work just fine.
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Greetings!
I don't have any storage tips to offer, as every one I've owned has been defective in the "storage" end.
May I ask which one you're using. The only one I've been able to get is the Dave Powell one. I've gone through 3 now....
Cheers,
J.Warrens
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Here's a tip...

Instead of using Vaseline, which is a petroleum product, is damaging to rubber or latex and tends to clog things up simply go to your local drugstore and buy a tube of K-Y Jelly... K-Y is a personal lubricant, is water soluble, friendly to rubber and latex and doesn't clog... it's quite slippery and works just as well as Vaseline and is easier to clean up...

In my old act I performed the needle-thru-the-arm for more than 15 years... when I was using Vaseline I used to replace the needle every 6 months or so because of clogging, gunk and rust... when I discovered that K-Y worked just as well I only replaced the needle every couple of years, and then only because of wear (in the bulb area) and occasional bending...

Hope this helps...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Or just do what I do and use saliva.
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Care & Feeding of the Needle Through Arm Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL