The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My Homemade Leather Busker's Pouch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
First off, I don't normally busk, though I love the idea, there's very few places around where I live that I could busk. Second, I am not a master leather craftsman, and I know this. I build this bag because I want to get into Renaissance fairs. It can hold my cups and balls set with plenty of room left for everything else. It is 8" wide, 8.5" deep, and about 3" opening. I tooled a basket Weave on the front, and a large "Q" because that's my performing name. The belt loop is attached by snap fasteners so I can put it on and take it off without undoing my belt. Total cost in materials was 25 bucks, and about 5-6 hours work. Here it is beside the leather cups I made previously: http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292......1968.jpg

Any ideas on how I could improve the design?
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
DAM! That's some GOOD leatherwork!!
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Very nice!
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Thanks guys! It was easier than I though now that I have the right tools. I messed up a bit on the basket weaving stamp, but I think it's not noticeable unless you are looking for it. My wife is going to sew an organizer to go inside so I can get to a TT and such with ease. I'm thinking of making a few more and selling them, but I don't know yet. Either way, any ideas on if the dimensions are suitable or if there's anything I could do better?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Not too bad, Brian. Keep up the good work.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Frank, they are nowhere near the quality you make I'm sure, but it's a nice little hobby, and a compliment from you means a lot. Thanks!
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
" going to sew an organizer to go inside so I can get to a TT and such with ease." For temporary trial, or occasional use, try making an internal "box" out of corrugated cardboard with white-glue joins. It can have divisions for TT etc. that if made a secure fit will hold goods just where you want them. I made such a folder for my balloon pouch, with places for my scissors and pens and it works really well. Thing is, if something needs changing or shifting it's easy to alter.
The presentation makes the magic.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

That's a great idea, Magicol, I'll have to give that a try, thanks.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
All I can say is WOW!
rudy-ray
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of rudy-ray
Nice!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My Homemade Leather Busker's Pouch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL