The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best Opening? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I start with my own original scripted opener that's a combo of stand-up comedy, magic and some minor hat juggling.
I've only been doing it for a few years so it's still evolving and I'm still looking for the perfect line at the denouement.
When appropriate, I add some pre-show work with someone noteworthy in the audience (the host, the mc, the ceo, etc.).
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
I start with the applause sign to music and bring up a child and use toilet paper roll in their hands. Take the toilet paper crumple it up in my mouth and pull out a mouth coil. The child is still holding the toilet paper roll but I again bring out the applause card and they get all of the applause, more, louder and thanks. Fast, fun, flashy.
Phil Blackmore
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Phil Blackmore
I balance a chair upside down on my chin, then it slips and hits me on the head.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
KC, wonderful opening. I also like the Gary Dunn approach. Get them laughing, get them liking you, and the rest flows.

If I open with my balloon routine there is plenty of fun with the balloon, but no magic until ten minutes in. If I open with a hanky there is no magic in the opening at all. But I am an entertainer, not a magician.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
I open with a vanishing cane.

I pretend to make it float between my two hands, then after I get all the groans and moans I say "Well if you don't like it, then I'll get rid of it"

Burns them every time!
Life of Magic!
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1833 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I open to a fanfare of music, changing a Fantasio cane to a 12-foot Rice streamer. In a matter of seconds it establishes that the act is magic and colorful.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best Opening? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL