The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents CLOSURE by Robert Smith (Official Trailer) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Mostly wardrobe requirements. I already have a VERY solid ring to impossible location in my working repertoire. This was just going to be another option. But, as usual I find out, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Gotcha. Would you mind saying what the wardrobe requirements are? I was under the impression there weren't any.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I'm also wondering about noise issues? I'm shocked that after 8 pages of a thread, not a single owner of the effect has mentioned anything about this being silent...so I was curious. This is my final question before potentially purchasing.

A big thanks to Raymond for his personal insights to this effect.

Regards,
Mike
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Mine makes a little noise if done a way. But if done in the way it shows in the D.V.D. no noise. This is a good effect. I still working on mine. It does take a nack for working the gimmick the right way. Its not a take out of the box and it works kinda magic. The only down fall I see is having to place it on diff shirts if you want to wear a diff shirt. I guess once you get the hang of it it would be more easy. But for now its taking me sometime to place it just right.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
In a restaurant lounge, where I've performed it, there aren't any noise issues. In a dead quiet setting, Robert shows how to cover for the very light noise.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1596 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
The gimmick snags for me and I have to wriggle around to get it up bit by bit. What am I doing wrong?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Mine does the same thing. I have to let it go fast.
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
368 Posts

Profile of hornet
I've just put mine up for sale if anyone from the UK is interested.
*Bro*
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of *Bro*
Just a quick note on Closure guys. Seems there is some confusion about missing extra magnetic ends. Bob shows the magnetic ends separately during the product checklist on the DVD but during packaging all magnetic ends were simply attached to the actual chains..so you should have two on the black chain and two on the silver chain, if you have 4 total you got em all and are not missing anything Smile

Also to address the custom made retractor device that comes with the unit. When they were assembled the units were each set to optimum tightness and then had to backed off by hand a quarter turn to ensure the smoothest action. It is possible that some of the screws may be a bit looser than they need to be. In this case simply go into the Maintenance section on your DVD and Bob Smith will walk you through how to snug up those 4 casing screws proper. Hope this helps answer some questions.

Bro
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
"Custom made retractor device". I love that term! Mine was perfect out of the box. Very smooth operating. Each chain did have the ends attached.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10566 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 01:36, *Bro* wrote:
Just a quick note on Closure guys. Seems there is some confusion about missing extra magnetic ends. Bob shows the magnetic ends separately during the product checklist on the DVD but during packaging all magnetic ends were simply attached to the actual chains..so you should have two on the black chain and two on the silver chain, if you have 4 total you got em all and are not missing anything Smile

Also to address the custom made retractor device that comes with the unit. When they were assembled the units were each set to optimum tightness and then had to backed off by hand a quarter turn to ensure the smoothest action. It is possible that some of the screws may be a bit looser than they need to be. In this case simply go into the Maintenance section on your DVD and Bob Smith will walk you through how to snug up those 4 casing screws proper. Hope this helps answer some questions.

Bro

Very helpful - thought I was missing something but all OK.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I sold mine on.

Not a bad trick. Just didn't suit me.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5648 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I received 'Closure' from a friend who got rid of it on the pretext that it was not for his style of performance. Smile Said that:-

Quote:
On 2012-11-10 01:36, *Bro* wrote:

Also to address the custom made retractor device that comes with the unit.

* When they were assembled the units were each set to optimum tightness and then had to backed off by hand a quarter turn to ensure the smoothest action.

* It is possible that some of the screws may be a bit looser than they need to be.

* In this case simply go into the Maintenance section on your DVD and Bob Smith will walk you through how to snug up those 4 casing screws proper.

Sorry if one feels that my following comments reads a bit harsh but I just can't help put down my personal opinion about this effect.

On the onset I would like to say that the idea behind this new effect is excellent and very practical & workable for the real world performer. However it seems that to pull-off this effect not enough thought has gone into the selection & use of the props especially the main prop which does the trick.

I feel that Paul Harris & team has bungled by prematurely releasing an effect without putting in the time & efforts in carryout proper trials & experiments for the smooth working and functioning of the whole contraption.

If the retractor device was CUSTOMS MADE it should work flawlessly. There is no question of asking your esteemed customers to tinker with this so called CUSTOMS ASSEMBLED device. Also it is seen that Bob Smith shows a non standard tool (a bent fork tine) to open the screws for servicing the device.

Just MY thoughts on the impractical contraption put out by Paul Harris and Team.

This is my last post on this thread.

Smile
P.S. For those who are having trouble with the original equipment; here a tried and tested solution. I am not going into detail of my contraption but just giving you the working behind it.

I have replaced the customs made device with a kind of a simple mini holdout. It is a simple weight (of appropriate size & weight) tied to a thin nylon thread. The weight is kept hooked in place (just behind the shoulder) with the help of a tiny ma***t. All other contraptions and the method remain same. To dislodge the weight at the appropriate time just show as though you are scratching your back and the job is done. No cumbersome set-up and no funny noise. The contraption works smoothly and flawlessly – Always and Every Time. Smile

Hope you can now make use of the effect in a much better and reliable way.

Please Note: I do understand that MAJORITY of you would be extremely happy with your purchase. This is for those FEW who are uncomfortable with the original set-up/ hook-up.

Sorry NO PM’s please. Thank you for your understanding.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
152 Posts

Profile of James927
Thank you Ustaad for your honest opinion of this effect and your comstructive advice. I'm going to follow your suggestion and see how it works for me.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10566 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks Narendra...

Some of you may have noticed a bit of radio silenece from me on this since gettiing it. I am honestly making every effort to evaluate it, but would agree with Narendra's evalaution which is by no means harsh. Consistency, easy of use and reliability are paramount to any performer.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
*Bro*
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of *Bro*
Ustaad first of all thank you for agreeing that the idea for this effect is excellent, practical and workable in the real world because it in fact is. You are of course entitled to your own opinion and criticisms on this, I would however like to point out and reinforce that some of the top professionals in the world are using this, loving this and having no problems with this effect whatsoever. Will it take a an hour of practicing and testing to learn the right movements and how to work with your own body, tension etc. absolutely. But this is no different from any other magic effect that you would seek to perfect and put into your act as a working performer. This is not a premature release in anyway from PH presents and team. 100's of hours have gone into the development of this routine and only the very highest quality props were sourced out and supplied in this package. Absolutely everything you need to know to perform this amazing effect, easily and silently has been covered on the DVD. The custom retractor device does and will work flawlessly. My suggestion to tighten up the bolts was based on a comment made on the Café and this was simply a thoughtful attempt at solving a problem that one person was experiencing and is by no means a reflection of all units. As far as Bob using the tine of the fork to tighten and loosen the bolts on the unit.. he clearly states that if you do not have a screwdriver handy you can also just use the tine of a fork etc. again his attempt was to offer another solution if you did not happen to have a screwdriver in your drawer. I am glad you have tried to find your own way to incorporate Bob Smith's, Peter Egginks and Darryls amazing and ingenious invention Usstay and would ask that you not go into further detail on the Café to discredit and reveal their method by offering what you believe is your own. Thank you for your consideration and respect. A note for anyone else who has purchased Closure or is thinking about doing so and has any question or concerns whatsoever feel free to private message me and I will be happy to share any knowledge on the product and take care you in any way we can. All great things.

Bro Gilbert
PH Presents
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5648 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Bro Gilbert,

I had said and I quote:-

Quote:
On 2012-11-10 23:31, Ustaad wrote:

This is my last post on this thread.

However since you have directly addressed me, I will briefly reply to your above post.

Quote:
On 2012-11-11 02:49, *Bro* wrote:

I would however like to point out and reinforce that some of the top professionals in the world are using this, loving this and having no problems with this effect whatsoever.

Quote:

Please Note: I do understand that MAJORITY of you would be extremely happy with your purchase.

As I have already mentioned in my previous post, I have no doubt in my mind that 'Closure' is a class effect with many happy and satisfied working professionals and performers who are willing to swear by it. However my alternate suggestion was meant for:-

Quote:

Please Note: This is for those FEW who are uncomfortable with the original set-up/ hook-up.

Quote:
On 2012-11-11 02:49, *Bro* wrote:

I am glad you have tried to find your own way to incorporate Bob Smith's, Peter Egginks and Darryls amazing and ingenious invention Usstay and would ask that you not go into further detail on the Café to discredit and reveal their method by offering what you believe is your own.

Let me make it clear that I have no intentions whatsoever of discrediting or revealing someone else’s so called invention. I speak boldly & without fear what I feel is right and in the best interest of our esteemed members. Whether one likes it or not, I simply offer MY personal & honest opinion and I leave it to the creator/ readers of this forum to accept or reject my opinion.

It will be better if one takes criticism in the right spirit.

Thank you.

Best reagrds,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
928 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Narendra your opinion is much appreciated as always!
Thank you for beeing at the Café.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Going through the D.V.D. all the way through really shows you diff ways to perform this. I really like two of them. One is with a under shirt and I really like Petter's way. Been working with it now for a week and worked out anything I needed to. Glad I took the time to watch the D.V.D. and try all the ways to perform this effect. This effect is really powerfull. Cant wait to work it this weekend coming up. Love it.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1130 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Got it yesterday, very (extremely) clever method.... but not something that I can wear everyday... but I can see the pros do this all the time.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents CLOSURE by Robert Smith (Official Trailer) (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL