The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents CLOSURE by Robert Smith (Official Trailer) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1843 Posts

Profile of Daren
I like this but I also love alan rorrisons bodies in flight routine, which is a ring to neck chain.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I was with B. Smith (robert) when he came up with this many years ago. I have seen this from the original concept to what it finally ended up being. This is by far the BEST most MODERN ring flight effect to date. And FINALLY an effect that is priced RIGHT!
This is something you will have on you ALL the time and you WILL perform it ALL THE TIME!!
JM
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10600 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So it is a flight - meaning a reel of some kind.

To me this looks more interesting and clean that David Regal's effect (and I love David's stuff by the way).
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2012-09-10 16:08, saysold1 wrote:
So it is a flight - meaning a reel of some kind.

To me this looks more interesting and clean that David Regal's effect (and I love David's stuff by the way).

I said nothing of that nature at all! I am talking about the effect, its a ring flight TYPE effect. Borrowed ring vanishes and ends up somewhere else tied, clipped or chained to an impossible location. I said nothing about what you said! And its WAAAAAAYYYY better than david's by leaps and bounds (love his stuff as well).
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Thank you guys for the interest. A few more key points;

- this can be done with a tucked in button down shirt
- I teach 2 methods which make the effect completely silent.
- multiple routines/presentations (including transpositions, "thru" the pocket, and some "watch me" performances where the spectator doesn't touch you at all) are included
- different ways to vanish the ring (the polish is just 1 of 4 examples.. Not sure if I mentioned it on the dvd, but you might also want to pick up Richard Sanders anyring vanishing hank.. that makes 5 examples)

US and Canada, I will also be taking pre orders on the first batch (I only have 16 left to sell) PM me if interested and I will ship it out the day they arrive!

Thanks guys!
Robert Smith
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1132 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Wouldn't the heat be on the ring when gets "polished" in the t-shirt? The vanish seems the weak part of this effect...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-10 16:18, bsmith wrote:
Thank you guys for the interest. A few more key points;

- this can be done with a tucked in button down shirt
- I teach 2 methods which make the effect completely silent.
- multiple routines/presentations (including transpositions, "thru" the pocket, and some "watch me" performances where the spectator doesn't touch you at all) are included
- different ways to vanish the ring (the polish is just 1 of 4 examples.. Not sure if I mentioned it on the dvd, but you might also want to pick up Richard Sanders anyring vanishing hank.. that makes 5 examples)

US and Canada, I will also be taking pre orders on the first batch (I only have 16 left to sell) PM me if interested and I will ship it out the day they arrive!

Thanks guys!
Robert Smith

Robert, I use Richard Sanders anyring vanishing hank for my ring on stick. ANY ring can be borrowed using Richard's prop.

Thanks for the extra info!
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Hi papernick, check out the trailer one more time.. As I mentioned in my last post the polish is just 1 of 4/5 ways to vanish it. Also, to answer your question - no, I've never had any heat after the polish. Peter has some brilliant handling tips that make that method my favorite for real world.
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Zombie Magic, anyring is a brilliant little gimmick!. I use it in my parlor set.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10600 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just ordered from Robert directly. No risk no reward. This looks really nice. I know Clarke is thinking hard about this too.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-10 19:39, saysold1 wrote:
Just ordered from Robert directly. No risk no reward. This looks really nice. I know Clarke is thinking hard about this too.

Brett, you clever fox, you went right to the source! When I saw the lady lift the chain up and there was her ring, they had me.

I'll have to hold off a bit, but can't wait to hear your thoughts. Being were both fans of B. Smith's work, I'm jealous you're getting yours first!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I think the necklace is stretchable. And it opens up on one side at the bottom

Just speculation
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1325 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
PM'd you Robert.
It's all in the reflexes.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10600 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-09-10 20:02, rasmus wrote:
I think the necklace is stretchable. And it opens up on one side at the bottom

Just speculation

I'm also wondering if the neck chain must be somehow "anchored" in some way to the performers body - especially from the area where the pull happens.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Penguin has it in stock:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2821
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1132 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
his product is expected to ship on September 25th, 2012

Not really. Smile But they have it in catalog. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 12:29, Zombie Magic wrote:
Penguin has it in stock:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2821

You're right, ships on the 25th.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2653 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Rasmus, whether your right or wrong, posting speculation on how something is done seems a little too much.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2397 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This just looks cool. Its on my list for sure.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10600 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 13:26, Tom G wrote:
Rasmus, whether your right or wrong, posting speculation on how something is done seems a little too much.

Actually this thread is in fact for some speculation. Come down on me if you like since I've put plenty of speculation on this thread.

I personally don't see the harm in it. But since ordering yesterday I will now impatiently await the real deal arriving in my mailbox.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents CLOSURE by Robert Smith (Official Trailer) (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL