We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Bill Neff's Miracle Rope ROUTINE... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
Much has been written, marketed, etc... about Bill Neff's Miracle Rope.

I am very familiar with the work, etc... and understand how pulling the stocking out, etc... aids in the get-ready.

However - does anyone know actually what silk effect he did to proceed the stocking pull? How did he transition to the rope? And further more... did he just cuts restore, toss, and move on, or was there more to it?

Keith
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Do you have Bill Neff's Miracle Rope instructions made by Supreme magic ? If you have it look on page 5 (Additional suggestions) to find out what effect he used. I am not sure if Abbott instructions are the same. Bruce Elliott wrote about it in Phoenix magazine as well.

regards,
Bojan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22930 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, as Bojan says it is all mentioned in the manuscript that comes with the gimmick from http://www.abbottmagic.com .

Although, this was back in the 1940's when woman wore silk and nylon stocking. Today, most woman do not wear stockings, but I believe it would not be as funny as it was back during the war years. I remember many of the old Army movies offering stockings to French, English, Italian women as they were valued as something women really enjoyed.

Times have changed so I do not think it would really relate to the audience as it did originally. I can see how the audience breaking out in a roaring laughter, would be of benefit to secure the necessary gimmick to continue with the trick.
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Where is Supreme magic located ?
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Supreme Magic went out of business years ago. I was not aware that they had released Neff's Miracle Rope. I thought it was an Abbott exclusive.

It was my opener for years. I had a spectator tie his ring to the end of the rope before it was cut and remove it after it was restored to squelch the idea of a switch.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3549 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I used to do the Neff Rope on the cruise ships, as the final of three cut and restored by combining it with the Slydini Cut and Restored Rope scissors.. Three ropes are laying across the table, and one is picked up, cut in the center, and restored. It is then tossed to the audience. A second rope is cut in the center, and then restored and tossed into the audience. The third rope is cut by a member of the audience in the center, and it is immediately visibly restored and tossed out to the audience. I used a DeKolta Pull with a catgut loop attached to a piece of velcro, that could fold around the rope and hold it. The velcro could also attach to a piece of velcro on a strap around my lower forearm. I could grab it as I came back toward the stage after tossing out the second rope. The gimmick of the third rope is hanging behind the table.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
This may be of interest to those who care for the history of effects;

I have the late Will Lindhorst's instructions for the Vanishing Bird Cage Rope Trick. The sheet is old and must have come out long before the "Neff" c/r rope was brought out by Percy.

I knew the late Harold Denhard (he wrote a book on rope tricks, pub. by Magic Inc. years ago). Harold told me that he had done it before Neff'a "version" came out. Harold was not the type of person to lie -- or even exaggerate!

Does anyone here know anymore about the history of this lovely effect?

I'm reminded of the old line: "Originality is the art of concealing your source!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I wondered about the timing of Denhard vs. Neff. Funny, one year at Abbott's I did the Neff rope trick and Abbott's immediately sold out of them, and had to make a run of them overnight to sell the next day. I have a couple of variations on it. I use a mechanical flying ring pull.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Quote:
On 2012-12-17 17:45, Andre Hagen wrote:
Supreme Magic went out of business years ago. I was not aware that they had released Neff's Miracle Rope. I thought it was an Abbott exclusive.

Andre

In the early sixties there was a verbal agreement (Recil Bordner era) that Supreme could sell Abbott products in England and Abbotts could sell Supreme items in the US. No rights were exchanged, it was a simple agreement to save overseas shipping cost. Supreme does not own rights to Abbott material and Abbotts does not own rights to Supreme material. However you may still be able to find some Abbott products made by Supreme and vice versa.

Below is a link to the product, Abbotts discounted it for the holidays so the price will go back up soon.
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Miracle-Rope-......pnef.htm
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
PETE:::

Harold told me this about 1975 +/-. I met Will Lindhorst only once at the IBM/SAM conv.(1950) in Chicago. He always gave a discount to professionals (I was just 18 and "only" a part time pro) I picked up the bird cage c/r instruction sometimee after Gene DeVoe (Zimmerman) had bought Will's shop. It's not dated. I'll xerox a copy and send if you like.

It's "my kind" of effect, and I've played with it, but it never got into the act. --You know what a school assembly magician must cope with!

What the heqq is that rotating "hanging coin" doing, etc.????? (Remember! I just "joined this show"!) hee hee
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of wally
I must get the bill neffs rope miracle. I live in uk.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3622 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Fascinating thread, and I don't even do the NMR...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of wally
I was going to order Bill Neffs rope miracle , But its $46 sent to Uk, is this too expensive for what it is ??
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Wally>>> It IS an excellent VISIBLE restoration.

See Pete Biro's note above, re his presentation at Abbott's years ago!!!

It DOES REQUIRE a bit of "doing".

Also, see Pop Haydn's comments.

$46.00 is a bit much, though. (I'm a depression raised kid!!!)

PM me, we can discuss the possibilities.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Bill Neff's Miracle Rope ROUTINE... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL