The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Has anyone performed Cube Zag with 2 people before? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
Has anyone performed Cube Zag with 2 people in it before?
If it physically works with two people, is this something that you recommend? Don't recommend?
Does it take away from this illusion?
Your thoughts are appreciated. I really liked the illusion as an audience member in the past. Now I have it. Just wondering what you think about the thought...
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
If your Cube Zag fits two people, your Cube Zag is too big. At least for the person being used.

So many magicians are looking for ways to punch up an illusion rather than looking for entertaining ways to present the illuision within the confines of its original plot line.

Less is indeed more.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Agreed! If two people fit, your CZ must be a tank!
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Hey boys!
If you read MagicJim' last posts, he is looking for illusions to use 4 & 6 year old girls as assistants Smile
MagicJim, you should have explained this fact here too Smile
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
Gentleman... I wanted to wait on this...the fact that I just got one and was practicing in the garage with 2 four footers running around my house. Yes Sorcerer....you are right! I have been practicing with my girls...technically they are 3'6" and 3'8"...my 4 and 6 year olds.

I had a laugh! Sorcerer...that was my biggest laugh of the day so far! I was going to wait for a few follow up posts, then let everybody know! Smile
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I love the line that my CZ must be the size of a tank! Sorry, just having a little fun! My girls are helping me practice!
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Not gonna go into the implications of cutting your daughters up and sticking a square blade through 'em...
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Not quite a CZ, but I had heard a story years ago that someone once did a Zig Zag that when the center was pushed out, the top half fell on the bottom. The box was turned around and it said W.C. (Water Closet, or bathroom) on the other side and a little person came out to the sound of a flushing toilet. Anyone ever hear of this?
Christian Dux
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Christian Dux
@Pepka

The Comedy Zig Zag were performed by Wittus + Roy Gardner (FISM 1st prize winning act, Vienna 1976).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPOkjQW5bk
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The Mini Cube Zag was designed to be used with one assistants, not for kids.

First you will diminish the impact of the illusion because it is less deceptive with 2 kids.

Second what will the audience think of you when you put two little kids in a dark box and then put a blade and two tubes in it?
Even when you think it is OK to use your kids doesn't mean that the audience will think the same!

If you decide to perform illusions with your kids they should fit their age, size and they should be playful not harmful!
A levitation (for example a simple super X) of one of your daughters while the other helps you by removing the supports and handing you the hoop should be perfect for your show.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
A young guy in theTurkey's "You Got Talent" had used it with two girls. Nevertheless the presentation was to clumpsy and he got 3 NO's. That was the only one I have seen. However with two little sweeties, it can be fun largely depending n the cuteness of the pricesses used Smile All the best !
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I wasn't going to use them in a show, but maybe for some situations it might fly! It is fun playing together with them. They enjoy it. It is something they do together.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
With two assistants, it's not even the same illusion...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Has anyone performed Cube Zag with 2 people before? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL