The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My best purchases for 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 00:41, Mind illusionist wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-16 13:41, Dougini wrote:

I don't think most people reading this will realize the truth of the above statement! I found out last night in a group of ten people how powerful just 1936 is! Some people really get upset if they think you can get inside their head. The sitter last night was a 21/22 year old girl who was skeptical at first. Almost joking about it.

She got upset and left! The owner of the house said I scared her! The rest of the group was pretty blown away as well. Friends you can read about it, but you never really know the impact until you've DONE IT! I now am going to be very careful to bring them "down" after such a trek into the unknown. To finish with a lighter note. It got REAL dark last night! Even I had the chills at one point! Smile

Doug

Sounds like you still had a blast Doug, well done. I need to some of these kinda 21/22 year old girls to perform to now! haha, it seems to me that sadly, most young people prefer to see the visual magic or straight up mind reading mentalism instead..

naw brother I perform lun@ for 15-70 and everyone has felt it. the young people are a bit more resilient when it comes to the darker presentations. they actively seek out the scary shows. the older tend to take it a bit more to heart and feel more for the victims. I stopped doing regular magic and mentalism for most of my performances.
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
623 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
For the foreign language crew, and Tim especially... Tim, I know you work in German but from our few correspondences here, your English seems to be just fine. That said, you could really get some play from this by not only using a "book holder" for your Luna act but also adding a volunteer translator as well. Play as if your English isn't that good, but allow your visions/remote viewing to be (overheard) snippets in English. Not only would your volunteer translator be helping to confirm hits in the book, they could also translate snippets of your 'overheard' conversations, rantings, etc. I think it would be much scarier to have the voluinteer translate your Cockney accented words to the audience for you Smile Beg her to tell you what the words mean (made harder to understand by various London dialects) and let, "They tried to stop me and the walls wept with blood" xome from HER lips. Does that make sense?
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-09-17 10:13, that'sJustWrong! wrote:
For the foreign language crew, and Tim especially... Tim, I know you work in German but from our few correspondences here, your English seems to be just fine. That said, you could really get some play from this by not only using a "book holder" for your Luna act but also adding a volunteer translator as well. Play as if your English isn't that good, but allow your visions/remote viewing to be (overheard) snippets in English. Not only would your volunteer translator be helping to confirm hits in the book, they could also translate snippets of your 'overheard' conversations, rantings, etc. I think it would be much scarier to have the voluinteer translate your Cockney accented words to the audience for you Smile Beg her to tell you what the words mean (made harder to understand by various London dialects) and let, "They tried to stop me and the walls wept with blood" xome from HER lips. Does that make sense?

just reading that and viualizing it scared the crap out of me. that's just evil!
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
623 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Danke Smile
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Mit Vergnügen
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
939 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Hi Joe, thanks for that... I work in Denglish... Deutsch/English but everyone knows I am English as I start my show emphasising the fact and that's why I have the old books in the first place... I am dabbling in psychic and occult objects and use a "let's see what happens..." type of presentation...
when it starts I am working in German for instructions and a mixture for descriptions and hits... hope this makes sense
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
My best bought thing is 2012 is compleat invocation. Learned a lot from it. Then I did research and learned about my character: a wizard. And I had to start researching again.

Now my character is almost fully formed, but I've been diagnosed with colitis Urcelosa recently, so I have much free time on my hands, not going to be performing pro anytime soon. Need to find a cure that handles the symptoms I have, then I will start performing.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Would love to own the complete invocation.

I am sorry to hear about your health issues my friend. and hope that you will find the cure you need very soon. if you need help or just want to chat with a bud let me know, I'm here and open.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Special user
in special pants.
990 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I wonder what peoples best purchases of 2012 are?
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
I'm sure I saw a thread about that in Spooky...
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I'll start a thread for 2nd best purchases of 2012.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Cuss c@rds and s@nctum are rated very high for me. cuss for its emotional impact and s@nctum for its versatility. zolt@r is rapidly gaining ground as I find more and more uses for it as a lighter sided fun prop.

things on my list to buy as I think I will be able to use them and the feel would fit me well are.

alchemical @rtifactum, I like the ability to use the symbolism without the sterile feel of a science lab presentation. the ability to put the mystique into the presentations.

dark d@wn tarot, love the look and would be able to use them for readings.

hedge t@arot, those have a connection to things that I use already so the fit would be genuine. they have a different look and feel then normal tarot so it adds to the mystique greatly.

outc@st dead..... this one I can see having a huge emotional impact but would need great care in presentation as this item can hit hard and fast.

there are some of the other books from outlaw that I have my eye on but am working through my ability to use them the way they should be used.

some of the other items I love but as they are limited and a bit higher in price, my ability to get the cash together before they are sold out is very limited.

this by no means is a definitive list of what everyone should own, this is just what fits well with who I am and how I present my Magic. ill let others tell us their list and the value of each item as they see it.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Stiff *ope,Jumping *yeball,Finger TT, so far!

This thread should be...everything, I bought for 2012,was the best! Smile

Oh,I forgot...a gold fish named Mr. Nibbles!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Lmfao bro you kill me sometimes
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Tis True! For the Trick or Treators, on Halloween night!
Stiff *ope...ghost holds one end!
Jumping *yeball...*ye is squished and penetrates into a sealed box!
Finger TT...ask a child if they can count,one hand has 5,the other hand has 6!
Mr. Nibbles...fed him some *agnets,makes for a COOL ,PK effect! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2610 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Two card monti~ bridge size. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1186 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hey. I'm really happy Horosecrets made it to your best buy list. I'm really honoured.
All the best.

Joel
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My best purchases for 2012 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL