We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking For Eugene Burger Books & Dvds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielCardini
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of DanielCardini
Hi everyone!!

Im looking for some tips on which dvds and books from Eugene Burger you guys like and can recommend.
So many people talks about Burger have made a few spooky tricks and so on, sounds very interesting so please any links and tips are welcome.

Take care
//DC
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1405 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
One of my favorite books by Eugene Burger and Robert E. Neale is "Magic & Meaning" published by Hermetic Press in 1995. Not only does this book have effects but it also explains some of the philosophy and psychology behind the effects.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
159 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
Spirit Theater is a great book! Any of Mr. Burger's books are well worth the price! Spirit Theater however holds a special place on my bookshelf and in my heart! Good stuff!
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
496 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
I'm with Cunningham, Spirit Theater is great.
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2818 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
The first magic lecture I ever attended was by Eugene Burger. The second was Paul Harris. I got off to a very good start!

At the time Burger just had his smaller books in print. All of which I recommend and all of which are reprinted in Mastering The Art of Magic. They changed the way I looked at performance.

While I've found some of the DVDs a little less useful than I expected, I've never been anything but impressed by Burger's books. You really can't go wrong with any of them but I'd start with Mastering The Art of Magic.
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
+1 for Spirit Theater. I purchased mine within the last 5 months directly from his website.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2611 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Spirit Theater!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
It's not Eugene Burger, but I enjoyed Bob Cassidy's CD and .pdf books that are included on the disk. I have one of Eugene Burger's DVDs that explains some of the stuff from Spirit Theatre. I'll get it out and let you know what the name of the DVD is when I get home. Better grab a copy of Spirit Theatre while it's in print again. I had given up finding one until they were reprinted.
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Burger's Spirit Magic is the name of the DVD.
Erick Machamer
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
39 Posts

Profile of Erick Machamer
I had a copy of the hardbound Seance book that he signed for me many many years ago that was lost in a fire...now I cant even find the book period! so sad....
That being said, spirit theater is amazing!
When all of Your Wishes are Granted, Many of your Dreams Will be Destroyed...
Darcy Brown
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
55 Posts

Profile of Darcy Brown
'Mastering the Art of Magic' collects many of Mr Burger’s early manuscripts and essays, and provides a wealth of information for varied performance situations and styles. Always a cheeky pleasure pulling it down from the shelf and opening it at random on a rainy day; mysteriously, the book always seems to have something new to offer…
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
195 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
"Strange Ceremonies" by Burger is back in print now and it's a great book on bizarre magick.
Mormo Zine
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Mormo Zine
The tricks are good but I think the real benefit of Mr. Burger's work is his thoughts on magic theory and performance tips. Big fan!
Ours the magic, Ours the power!

See Mormo's Guide To Psychic Self Defense by clicking here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking For Eugene Burger Books & Dvds (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL