The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MODERN INTRICACIES by Yoann (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FleGz
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of FleGz
Hello fellow magicians.

MagicalSleight is glad to introduce you a new DVD called Modern Intricacies. You can view the trailer here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJjruZDdDso

And can find more information on http://www.magicalsleight.com.

Cheers,
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Excellent work
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
French girls are hot
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I like them right away because in the ad they said "It’s not for everyone, but it will be worth the effort one will put in".

My hands can't do this type of work, but it does look great!
FleGz
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of FleGz
Thank you Vinny.

You can check this "SECRET" link to watch a performance of one of the trick contain in this DVD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu6vEWEoQw4

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Best,
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-15 02:07, FleGz wrote:
Thank you Vinny.

You can check this "SECRET" link to watch a performance of one of the trick contain in this DVD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu6vEWEoQw4

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Best,

That looked REALLY good!
FleGz
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of FleGz
Hello,

Today we officially release our new project DVD called Modern intricacies. You can watch the new and official trailer here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSpDWpYyz3Y

You can now order it on http://www.magicalsleight.com

If you have any questions just let me now.

Here is the dvd content :

Tricks

•Collective Aces : The 4 aces discover 2 selections In a smooth manner
•Dr Daley One Second : Yoann meets Dr Daley last trick
•FlipT : An novelly constructed "in the deck" visual transposition
•Toaster : A trick featuring Toast change and Grill change that will "flip flap flop bam" your audience
•JDStyle : A machiavelic transposition of 2 cards with the jokers
•Jokewild : A fast paced multi-phased visual transposition routine with a kicker ending, perfect for when you have to be standing up
•Light Queens : Bill Goodwin's "Queens" bare handed
•Magnetik : A visual lesson on cards magnetism
•Major Card : A flowing and visual variation on the "Carte Generale" (general card) theme with a kicker ending
•Minmal Water : A highly visual and minimalist approach to the classic "Oil and water"
•Nymphea : A nice sequence of appearing/vanishing aces ending with the discovery of a selected card.
•Sanfan : A clever control followed by an "in the fan" sandwich production
•Tetri : An in the hand Triumph made to have a natural flow
•Together : A visual demonstration of the power of attraction

Card productions

•Ace Production : A progressive 4 cards production that ends with an aesthetic display
•Jack Production : A progressive and surprising 4 cards production
•King Production : An unexpected 4 cards production in the middle of a minimalist flourish
•Queen Production : A "mechanical" 4 cards production
•Select : An elegant way of having a card selected.
•Springy : A graceful one card production, perfect for your ambitious card routine

Moves

•Toast change : Visually transform a side jogged card
•Grill change : A lightning fast color change of a side jogged card
•Blurce : The bluff force gets a stylish update

Bonus

•Dr Daley OSW : Dr Daley last trick, a multi-phases standing up version that you must WATCH
•Hellerdnase : The Erdnase change takes a lift off the deck
•Gordonesque : A gordonesque control of a playing card
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Have just ordered this, can't wait. Sanfan looks nice, too.
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Anybody that has bought this dvd care to review it?

Would be highly appreciate it.

Thanks.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 12:38, Zhang wrote:
Anybody that has bought this dvd care to review it?

Would be highly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Well if your into visual style card trickery that looks elegant but may be hard to follow for laymen and doesn't look at all magical then this is a great dvd. However if you at least try to present or keep your routines somewhat magical and easy to follow (can be described in one sentence) then this is not for you Smile In other words it comes up to if your fan of Buck twins type finger flinging or Vernonesque "I don't do anything" magic.

Yoann is one of the smoothest young card handlers out there and it is a joy to watch in few minute segments.

Also rather annoying was that there wasnt "play all" option in the disc. Most segments lasted only like minute and there were like 30 of em

J-M
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 18:53, korttihai_82 wrote:

Well if your into visual style card trickery that looks elegant but may be hard to follow for laymen and doesn't look at all magical then this is a great dvd. However if you at least try to present or keep your routines somewhat magical and easy to follow (can be described in one sentence) then this is not for you Smile In other words it comes up to if your fan of Buck twins type finger flinging or Vernonesque "I don't do anything" magic.

That was kind of the impression I got from watching the trailer - looks like great card handling, but it also looks too obvious that he's heavily handling the cards. Have you actually seen the DVD, or was your comment based on the trailer?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
FleGz
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of FleGz
Here is a quick note by Daniel Chard.

"...Wow I'm in awe currently watching Yoanns debut card DVD 'Modern Intricacies' available from all good magic dealers namely Vanishing inc and the magical sleight!!

Its every once on a while a DVD comes out from an unknown name and blows me away, the last time that happens was when I witnessed Benjamin earls card skills for the first time! The effect are visual and strong! Fits my style perfectly an
d isn't to dissimilar to how I perform!
Eye candy to the max! Do yourself a favour and buy a copy! I will attempt to learn everything! 'San fan' which can be seen in the trailer is a fun thing to mess with, along with lots of others! Smile

Great job! Feel like I need to lock myself away for a few weeks and practice this material!..."
Paul Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of Paul Magic
I bought this two weeks ago and yes, I am satisfied. The tricks of DVD remind me of tricks found on the Dan&Dave's Triology set. That said most tricks rather belong to the categorie "quick and snappy"/"show me a trick under 30 sec".

Some of my favorites are:

- Dr. Daley, One second/OTW: Great routine based on Dr. Daley last trick. Yoann's version ad two more phases which I like a lot (see the WPR for a live demo). Together with Daley Prequel (John G., "Discoveries and Deception") and the 2nd phase suggest by Gary Jones (ICandy II, vol.1) you could built up a nice interactive 5-phase routine (ok, you don't want to overdo it)

- Minimal Water: Again, a nice variation of a classic. While I get bored by most "Oil&Water"-routines due to their length this one sold me.

- Major Card: The aces turn one by one into the spectators selection. Only to become the selection mates a second later. Great fun routine.

- Together: Two cards get seperated three times in a role but stick togehter. Maybe this one could be a nice prequel for a two card tranpo!

- Flip T: Nice transpo - a card in the middle switch place with a card on top of the deck!

- Sandwiches (Nymphea, Sanfan, Magnetik): Great sandwich-effects which you could combine to a full routine or use as preface for longer sandwich routines like Fisher's Search and Destroy etc. In particular, I like "Magnetik" as it happens to be a reverse sandwich effect (selection stays in the middle, "sandwicher" end up on the top and bottom of the deck)

I can say that there is no trick on the DVD which I dislike. Together with the some nice four of kind productions, a practical card control/force (Blurce) and some other nice techniques, this 30 $ are well spend.

P.S: You need intermediate card skills (Cardini change, easy bottom deal, half pass, etc.) as a prerequisite! Personally I am fine with the explanations on the DVD (my skill level is intermediate/advance) and see no problems like David Penn does regarding the explantion of applied sleights (watch the WPR). I consider 90% as a fair rating.
FleGz
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of FleGz
Thank you Paul. I'm glad you like the DVD.
All the best

Yoann
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I must agree that this dvd is not for everyone but it's definately worth the price ! The quick and visual tricks are really great, if you like what you see on the trailer, you won't be disappointed Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Just ordered it from World Magic Shop. They got great bargains. Picked it up for £7. Couldn't resist. Throw in Mr Jennings ebook Card Wright from L&L Ebooks yesterday for £6.90. Not a bad bit of shopping there. Should keep me busy for a while. Smile Greig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MODERN INTRICACIES by Yoann (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL