The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Caylee Anthony Seance..too soon? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That's a cool little site .. of course Scott would know all about it!!! In 23 years you may have to be having a Seance for ME!!!! Unless I hook up with Jim Callahan ...

http://www.jimclass.com/job_openings_for_the_dead.htm
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
It is a free country so with that said, what an insensitive *** and just a basic **** move all around.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Maybe have a séance with someone else then. I understand John Lennon isn't very busy.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Well, is it called a Seance when a psychic does it alone?

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/2011/07......ere.html

http://news.lalate.com/2011/06/28/ginett......scovery/

I never was close to where the Beatles resided. But I loved that music!!!!

Princess Diana?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj4ePQFv-so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=766Dm_uFns8&feature=relmfu

I think they waited three years for Anna Nicole Smith.

http://www.rosespeaks.com/2010/02/09/ann......s-later/

Michael Jackson ..right away!!!

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/135......-seance/
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Opinion only (which is all really that any of us have).

Just because others are doing something doesn’t make it right, or good taste, or even good sense.

First guide line I’d look for is the passing of one whole generation; White Star (Titanic), Chicago Fire, Lusitania, Jack the Ripper. When the folks who were children at the time grow up and have gray hair, you’re probably in safe territory.

All Bizarre is creepy; it’s supposed to be. And creepy children are a premium; look at the Bell Witch. Heck, look at Freddie! And remember Heather O’Rourke’s Carole Anne, “The Poltergeist Girl”?

Another thing to look at: is it a tribute or is it an exploitation? Wildly different time frames. Some ideas might never be ok.

I think it’s just WAY to soon on this, and the way media works these days, you might have a long wait.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
One thing to think about - if this is psychic entertainment ie this is entertainment - then it may be to soon....

If its part of a psychic medium who is saying they do the real (ie you being true or not) it would fit

---

I have a routine with the rope of a serial killer - and it's presented in smaller groups that it MAY (that is a key word) have belonged to Karla hamalka.... It works but it is because of the premise being that it is a demo of mental aversion to certain topics vs. it being really her object..... And it took me a while to work out the exact phrasing to be ready to use... That being said I performed it once with someone in the group telling me after she lived on the same street as hamalka and Bernardo .... And I checked in if she was offended.. But she was fine with it...

Note: I presented this as an exploration for education on how the mind works....imbuing inanimate objects with meaning and the like.... So it may not be a good comparison,

I do now this - it depends why you want to use anything cultural/media symbolic with charged meanings for an effect - and then how you facilitate the entire experience in a way that is respectful and promotes safety

IMHO

P.S. I don't think the thread should be deleted as it is a legit question and others could understand how much aversion and disgust was raised by the posting - yet that in itself shows something of the dangerous and powerful nature of this and that most people likely will be offended....

Aside: jtr - a long time ago I was asking to get a jtr project off the ground here and many people didn't want to associate their names with the project as still, despite a century (more) a serial killer of women is still something dangerous and powerfully horrible..... Which is why all routines had to never be flippant and mock the deaths of the victims in any way

It is a powerful area but not one I'd say one should avoid but consider how it can be used to help people understand themselves and the world around them

Iiiimmmhhhhhoooo
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Almost ten years ago I did a small show in Old Town Kissimmee. I utilized the Spirit of Wolfman Jack who once owned a beautiful venue there. I contacted his son, who still lived in Florida and there was absolutely no problem on his end. I was even hired to sing at the wedding of the current owner of Wolfman Jack Entertainment. So I perceived absolutely no animosity from Wolfman's friends or family.

The person who would perform the "Caylee Anthony Seance" is the same medium that Cindy Casey sent Caylee's famous "Teddy" bear to... in order to contact Caylee in the very beginning. So basically, the Casey family has already OKed supernatural or paranormal means to communicate with their granddaughter. Initially it was their idea to contact Caylee using a Spiritualist.

So people here have called me an *** and a **** for asking a question about what the Casey's themselves have already done .... Interesting bias. My friends tell me there is a bigotry towards Spiritualists. This thread is rather eye opening.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Hmmm... A Caylee Anthony seance sounds deeply ugly to me.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1512 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2012-09-15 01:30, Slim King wrote:
Well someone has already tried it ... Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRaeuYJ4FzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hoGktrQO_s&feature=relmfu

(said in my best sarcastic tone of voice) Oh... then that's makes a big, big difference. If someone has already tried it... then hell... go for it. And by the way... I'm thinking of committing suicide later this afternoon. I'll probably be jumping off the top of the Twister II roller coaster at Elitch Gardens amusement park in downtown Denver. You can join me too!
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1512 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2012-09-15 09:32, Slim King wrote:
Almost ten years ago I did a small show in Old Town Kissimmee. I utilized the Spirit of Wolfman Jack who once owned a beautiful venue there. I contacted his son, who still lived in Florida and there was absolutely no problem on his end. I was even hired to sing at the wedding of the current owner of Wolfman Jack Entertainment. So I perceived absolutely no animosity from Wolfman's friends or family.

The person who would perform the "Caylee Anthony Seance" is the same medium that Cindy Casey sent Caylee's famous "Teddy" bear to... in order to contact Caylee in the very beginning. So basically, the Casey family has already OKed supernatural or paranormal means to communicate with their granddaughter. Initially it was their idea to contact Caylee using a Spiritualist.

So people here have called me an *** and a **** for asking a question about what the Casey's themselves have already done .... Interesting bias. My friends tell me there is a bigotry towards Spiritualists. This thread is rather eye opening.

I would call it a bigotry toward jerks.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
"Well someone has already tried it ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRaeuYJ4FzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hoGktrQO_s&feature=relmfu "

I think it is interesting that your goal in life is to attain to be a Sleazeball. And you actually try to justify and excuse your actions.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
836 Posts

Profile of lin
Asking the question suggests a lack of judgement. Arguing it, a lack of character.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just asked a question to see what you'd say. That's why people discuss things. ... But I see bigotry is alive and flourishing here ... I wonder why the names I was called were deleted from my post but not in the original?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see it has been now.
How soon was the Houdini Seance ?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks for moving this thread!
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I wouldn't do it, or attend it... there is something distasteful about it, which has everything to do with the freshness of the event.

If you want to attempt it, by all means go for it. Let yourself be judged in the court of public opinion.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
I called Houdini on Halloween of 1978 (fifty years after). He was busy.

Have to say I’m a little surprised by the vehemence of some responders for what was essentially just a go/no-go question. I’m against it at this time, but here’s your sampling of just how powerful such a routine could be IF it’s handled respectfully.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
DWRackley...I just read your tag-line! "Because a MIND is a terrible thing,Period."

How fitting!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2012-09-15 13:58, DWRackley wrote:
Have to say I’m a little surprised by the vehemence of some responders for what was essentially just a go/no-go question. I’m against it at this time, but here’s your sampling of just how powerful such a routine could be IF it’s handled respectfully.

It's hard for me to imagine where the respectability in pretending to contact the spirit of a recently murdered child as entertainment might be found.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Caylee Anthony Seance..too soon? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL