The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ker Plunk Wand (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Tukaram wrote:
I have had the Ker-Plunk wand for a few years now and love it! I was concerned about dropping it on the floor but it has held up well. I retired to the Philippines and most floors are bare cement or hard packed dirt, occasionally ceramic tile - no carpet. All very hard surfaces... But the wand has been great!

You might want to wrap a few layers of clear shipping tape around end so it will help support the falls.

Posted: Apr 29, 2015 09:20 pm I had mine four 9 months so far. I have not used it yet. This thread got me interested in using it this weekend.

I was thinking about telling the kids not to mention a certain word. Can anyone think of a word to tell the kids not to say?
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
"dynamite", you hate it when people say your name incorrectly. or the name of an ex girlfriend.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It can help out with branding too. Good one. Thanks.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
I know Zucchini used the ker plunk wand. Right Zuc?
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Tommy, I start every show with it. I use it, every time, and is without a doubt, my favorite wand.
krowboom
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago area
233 Posts

Profile of krowboom
Mine too
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I don't normally use any comedy wands for kids 7 and over, they're way to "cool" to be amused by such frippery.....or, so I've always thought.....

But recently, Tommy's "ABC Blocks" have made a massive impact in my shows for all ages.

I just got back from an 8-year-old's party, and used the "Ker-Plunk" wand with the blocks (as well as several other comedy wands). The nature of my presentation is very different to what I normally effect for younger kids.

I've discovered that I can still get lots of laughs, and completely engage the kids with these comedy wands, even for the older age groups.

It just goes to show, that so much is in the presentation. I had to think outside the box, to make it all work.....largely thanks to Christopher T Magician's excellent book "Beyond Look, Don't See".

If you don't have the "Ker-Plunk" wand, it really is one of the most valuable assets to add lots of business to your shows. And Tommy's "ABC Blocks" are equally inspiring - magical, colourful, and simple to perform.

My hat is off to Tommy, and other real performers, who are prepared to spend the time making these amazing props........... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ker Plunk Wand (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL