The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Chinese coins across in shoelace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I know both....but some of the string parts confuse me!!
thatmatt
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of thatmatt
I know translocation and ccc as well, but I'm afraid this trick kind of lost me. I don't speak Spanish, but can understand it to some degree. My initial hypothesis was that the two show hosts were stooges... Are you absolutely sure that they are not involved?
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

They are def not involved. It uses a miracle enjoyment set by Todd, which includes a shell. There are a few parts on the routine that are clear using the shell. I'm just lost on some parts!
Nutz4Tutz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nutz4Tutz
Trooper is correct, they're not involved. I messed around with this routine myself about 4 or so years ago. So my handling might be a tad different, but from what I can tell the coin and [ placement is the same.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
Earth
473 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Quote:
The effect has been published in El Manuscrito -Dani Daortiz´s magazine-

I looked at the published "El Manuscrito", there is not mention of this routine.
15tahures
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of 15tahures
This routine was published in "El manuscrito" number 21. (The one with Chan Canasta in the cover) It is a good descriptión of the routine but Luis is working in a new book and a deep description of the routine will be in it -The book will be ready may be in two or three years- He invests a lot of time in his books, you know. ¿Have you seen "monedas y otras historias"? It is an amazing book. Is not easy to get in the USA but is an incredible work of art. http://luispiedrahita.com/blog/archives/4254 Here is a link with Dani Daortiz and Luis talking about the book. http://elmanuscritoblog.blogspot.com.es/......ias.html
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

I'd love to read his work, but I don't speak a lick of Spanish!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17149 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2012-09-21 12:18, drbuzzard wrote:
I believe the set of coins used is very similar to http://www.toddlassen.com/mec.htm

Those coins look awesome, but I assume you have to contact Lassen for the price?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

They cost 160 for the set...they are gorgeous and heavy duty. Worth the $$
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Luis is in this generation a genius in the line of the Dai Vernon, Fred Kaps, Arturo Ascanio, Bob Read, Juan Tamariz... but in a new generation. He is making me very modest.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of wally
Anyone found the name or where to buy the above coin trick. magicwalsh@gmail.com
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I'm surprised so many magicians above seemed fooled by this after more than one viewing - nearly all of it can be found in Bobo's book and combined with the ring on string effect in Mark Wilson's book.

However, the first few times I was fooled, especially by the last move which was done so slickly there's no way I would have noticed it having not used the move myself! It also shows how the classic moves in the hands of a master can look truly exceptional. He has now become my favourite performer as he has absolute mastery of misdirection, sleight of hand and presentation, in all areas of magic, and he truly expels a magical energy that draws people in. He is an absolute delight to watch!
dennis8
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
41 Posts

Profile of dennis8
Well, this routine is beautifully constructed, and despite I also don't speak spanish I could feel the build up and
fill in the blanks for myself (although maybe wrong).

I am certainly not surprised when magicians are fooled even after watching more than once. For me the first phase is a fooler,

where the four coins are threaded and shown both sides lying on the table, he turns over all four so even though one must be the [,
this is absolutely beautifull. Or I maybe missing something.

I enjoyed watching this routine, but the copper silver with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds, I find this even more stunning.

-Dennis
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Dennis - I love his copper silver routine. The finale in that is just such a surprise, and I love how Denzel Washington starts out as a sceptic, wanting to examine the coins etc, but ends up regressing to his childhood self and accepts the magic. Beautiful! Smile
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
***, just watched this video for probably the 50th time and only just realised he ends clean! His spectators didn't inspect the coins at the end, but they could have done. I'm learning so much about misdirection just from watching this guy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Chinese coins across in shoelace (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL