The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Three Card Monte Patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SteveB
View Profile
Regular user
St Louis, MO
117 Posts

Profile of SteveB
Hey;
I saw a magician name Gary Norsigian at the Midwest Magic Jubilee do a great three card monte using some old authentic street style patter. I can't recall one bit of it. Does anyone know were I can find patter like this?
Regards,
Steve

www.stevebarcellona.com
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
Your best bet is probably to check out the School for Scoundrels.
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
filem
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of filem
Or go out on the street. If it really was authentic, there isn't much patter in my experience.
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
If you are looking for old-time patter, check out Sucker's Progress by Herbert Asbury. Asbury is the author of Gangs of New York, a much better book than movie. Thanks to the Scorsese movie, though, many of Asbury's excellent books on the early American demimonde are once again available. Sucker's Progress is a thorough history of gambling and grifting in the USA from the mid-nineteenth century until the early thirties. Asbury discusses many subjects, from the beginning of the numbers racket, to the development of three card monte, to famous cardsharps of the turn of the century.

Jim
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Also, Daryl has some good patter, including an old rhyme, on his Monte DVD (I think that rhyme is also in the School of Scoundrels book). Also, if you want a really great trick with story patter about 3 card monte, check out Gypsy Monte by Paul Wilson. It's done with Tarot cards and I really love it.
kerpa
a/k/a Mike Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Three Card Monte Patter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL