The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Copperfield performs Paul Harris's Immaculate Connection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Anyone remember seeing this on one of his network specials ( where he Vanished the Statue Of Liberty )? I learned it from Paul's Stars Of Magic video when it first came out on VHS. It's on DVD now ( or as an easter egg in the True Astonishment DVD set ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2c5yvG9I7k&feature=related

I think it's one of the best pieces of close up magic you can perform. I can't imagine the hours spent in coming up with it. Just the linking of the card and having it drop off is amazing. But when you tear the cards and restore them, you own the audience. You have to let them examine the cards. David even followed Paul's suggestion to hand them out to 3 different spectators.
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of baobow
It's great that you are posting up these great magic clips but surely this shouldn't be posted in latest and greatest, this clip is from the 70s or early 80s. We should be able to find a more appropriate category to place youtube clips of great performances.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I've mentioned this before, but it goes ignored.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Maybe not latest, but in the running for greatest. I enjoyed the video very much.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Let's be real. You could close your eyes and pick any clip of DC and it still would kick butt regardless of the decade it came from. Smile

Great clip. I have almost all of DC's shows compressed on my computer and watch them often enough. So much great stuff in those shows.

BTW, check out the comment directly below the clip (doctorbeepers) hahaha. I can't repeat it here but it's too funny.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have always enjoyed his use of smaller effects.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Terrific
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Black Magic for sure!
Chris Kenner and Homer Liwag are just covers to disguise the black magic!

Many thanks for sharing this. I remember watching this on television during
the original run, but had never rewatched it. Even more special now.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I used to perform this. I want to perform this again...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
akschulz
View Profile
New user
London, UK via Charlotte, NC
81 Posts

Profile of akschulz
Wonderful. I'm performing this on a regular basis in my street show in London. It is powerful.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Is it in print? For Sale?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17039 Posts

Profile of joseph
Yes .. HERE ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
On the teaching segment, Paul goes over every nuance very carefully. He really wanted Magicians to nail it before performing it. The DVD has 3 of the Stars Of Magic vhs releases on it and is loaded with PH classics that have been adopted by Pro's word wide in their work.

The DVD is only $14.95!
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
That's quite a bargain and it shows how times have changed. Guys are charging twice that much for a DVD with one trick (and variations) that aren't nearly as good as half the material of that PH DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Copperfield performs Paul Harris's Immaculate Connection (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL