The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Spring,(love is in the air) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
My male dove has love on the brain,he mounts poor little Herminnie 3to4 times a day,more sometimes and she just seems to put up with
his advances
(god love mother nature================= BUT===================
when they are inside to feed,morning and night,when they are on their feeding T stand ,the male just barges the feamale straight off the end of the stand (for about one month now) I feel sorry for her,Is this a normal behaviour.
It's like he want's all the food for himself.
They use to sit on the stand for long periods of time quite happily together,but now he's turning into a real ***.
any idea's guys.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Your male is looking for "love". It's natural for him to mount the female and it's normal for her to just sit and bear it. It will continue until either she gets pregnant or he just gives up. As for pushing her off the feeding stand, he's showing his dominence. That will pass.

If the mounting or pushing turns into severe pecking, you'll need to separate the two.
Where the magic begins
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Thanks for your words of wisdom Dave ,you have put my mind at ease
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Spring,(love is in the air) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL